New puppy pictures?..

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
We got a new puppy almost 2 weeks ago. Her name is Sasha (nickname *skeezix" when she's bad) and she's an 8-week-old whippet...
I called the breeder we got our 10 year old whippet from and she was having puppies available..
After having four dogs and one cat and down to one dog and one cat my wife wouldn't let go LOL so instead of getting one of the dogs she was recommending like a Jack Russell or something that I didn't really care for I at least had a choice what kind. And really she doesn't care what kind for the most part just that she gets another puppy...
Sasha went to bathroom a couple times on her pee pads but 98% of the time goes to the back patio door and wines till someone lets her out. It's unheard of almost...
IMG_20230201_082131547.jpg

IMG_20230130_142942114.jpg

IMG_20230128_221216768.jpg

IMG_20230201_145811053.jpg

IMG_20230124_092652945.jpg

IMG_20230120_161757739.jpg

Awesome! I knew a lady about 40 years ago that bred whippets. They look like a little greyhound and probably run like one too. In her house they would leap across the coffee table to get on her sofa. And jump across a tall footboard to land on the bed. Always thought I would like to have one.

Awesome! I knew a lady about 40 years ago that bred whippets. They look like a little greyhound and probably run like one too. In her house they would leap across the coffee table to get on her sofa. And jump across a tall footboard to land on the bed. Always thought I would like to have one.
I seen one at a park when I was a kid and it was an old man with a cane with this most amazing dog running around and doing circles around the trees. I went up to and asked him what kind of dog that was and he said a whippet... When I was old enough and had my own house that is exactly what I wanted.. this will be my fourth female... there's been a lot of rescue dogs as well...

Cool. We brought home a 9 month old red husky 2 weeks ago....Her name is Freya. Kids want to rename her Frito....lol

20230123_124045.jpg

20230124_082506.jpg

We got a new puppy almost 2 weeks ago. Her name is Sasha (nickname *skeezix" when she's bad) and she's an 8-week-old whippet...
I called the breeder we got our 10 year old whippet from and she was having puppies available..
After having four dogs and one cat and down to one dog and one cat my wife wouldn't let go LOL so instead of getting one of the dogs she was recommending like a Jack Russell or something that I didn't really care for I at least had a choice what kind. And really she doesn't care what kind for the most part just that she gets another puppy...
Sasha went to bathroom a couple times on her pee pads but 98% of the time goes to the back patio door and wines till someone lets her out. It's unheard of almost...
View attachment 1716043423

View attachment 1716043424

View attachment 1716043425

View attachment 1716043426

View attachment 1716043427

View attachment 1716043428
Congratulations! She's definitely a cutie!
We have 3 dogs, a 10 year old male Husky/Shepherd mix, a 4 year old female Shepherd/Husky mix, and a 10 month old male Shepherd/unknown mix.

Such a cute thing. Whippets do very well in the events that we compete in with our dogs. Dock diving, fast cat and frisbee.

My friend got one years ago, said that breed does not shed. She needs a little hat:

Beautiful dogs here for sure!
Congrats Jpar, she s beautiful.
Nothing like a puppy's 1st few weeks of walking and puppy breath. Cute as hell. :thumbsup:

Puppies are great, however we've been rescuing adult Huskies for 35 years. 10K dogs are destroyed a day in this country. Almost all are perfect healthy, loving creatures...who've fallen victim to humans.

Puppies are great, however we've been rescuing adult Huskies for 35 years. 10K dogs are destroyed a day in this country. Almost all are perfect healthy, loving creatures...who've fallen victim to humans.
All of our rescues have passed away over the last year and the house was feeling a little bit empty...
We almost rescued a cha Wawa but I'm getting to old to deal with an unruly dog that pees on everything... We give to the ASPCA...

All of the dogs I've had were rescues, except the latest one. My wife saw him at the dog park and she was immediately smitten with his demeanor and his coloring. His personality is very much like the one that died two years ago, very gentle and kind of goofy.
I previously fostered dogs and we continue to support our local SPCA, something we encourage everyone to do.

Awsome dogs guys, I just can't be with out one, after our dacshund Sally passed unexpectedly last spring my wife and I were devastated, ddidn't think we could bare to do it all again but this October we welcomed another dacshund into our home, his name is Finnegan, I forgot just how much work puppies are, we got him at 10 weeks.

Screenshot_20230203_070102_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230203_070140_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230203_070222_Gallery.jpg

Awsome dogs guys, I just can't be with out one, after our dacshund Sally passed unexpectedly last spring my wife and I were devastated, ddidn't think we could bare to do it all again but this October we welcomed another dacshund into our home, his name is Finnegan, I forgot just how much work puppies are, we got him at 10 weeks.

View attachment 1716043585

View attachment 1716043586

View attachment 1716043587
We've lost a couple of those dachshunds and that was kind of what my wife was pushing for as well but they are hard to train and to just say hey jump in the car it just doesn't happen lol too small of legs. And my wife likes to walk the dogs long distances so again just not a good distance walking dog., Man do they got fun personalities..
And I hear you on that I forgot how much work a puppy was.... At 8 weeks old when she has to go to the bathroom and wind it at the back door it makes up for all the rambunctiousness...

Funny about the walking , my first dacshund hated walks but Finnegan loves to walk, both HATE the rain and where we live it rains all the time, I have a logo work jacket so I got a jacket for him and put my logo on it now he walks in the rain and yes, they are hard to train because they are very stubborn...like me! LOL

-
Back