New release Distributor for Slant 6

Darter6

Reaction score
For you performance Slant junkies like me.
I just got a e-mail from Performance Distributors (DUI) has a complete distributor/coil combo that sounds interesting.
They state good for 7500 RPM. Bit pricey at $339 but what isn't these days. Just wanted to pass this along.

Darter6

Reaction score
I agree with the both of you. I'm a LOW budget junkyard builder.
Cost is always a factor. Just wanted to put it out there.
Sorry Charrlie, no link. I'm dumb as a box of rocks and can barely do this.

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Here is the link. Dodge Slant 6 Tri-Power Distributor – Performance Distributors
I'm not sure about the distributer, itself, it might be billet. The rest of the system is just a "fancied up" HEI. Which can be built by any motor head. It might work fine on a track only motor, but with no vacuum advance it would not get the best possible fuel milage on a street driven car. I have vacuum advance on all my engines. At wide open throttle it has no effect, but is advantages at all other times.

volaredon

Reaction score
That setup for a/6 isn't that new. Of the magazine write ups on the/6 (not many of those, shouldn't be hard to find) they added one a couple of years ago to one. I thought the same thing about lack of vacuum advance, then.

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
The Mopar 2 piece B distributor makes me think that an HEI could be cut and bolted to a /6 base and work. Would take a machinist but we got plenty of top notch Bridgeport drivers here.

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Even though I'll never buy one, I'm really glad to see someone offering slant 6 products.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the distributer, itself, it might be billet.
To me it looks like the same decidedly non-billet Chinese knockoff of the factory distributor as also sold (for inflated money) by a DUI-alike outfit in Australia.

The rest of the system is just a "fancied up" HEI.
Fancied-up and marked way the hell up. It's the Slick50 business model: price yer crapola way up high so people think it's professional-grade.

Which can be built by any motor head.

ah…Yup!

It might work fine on a track only motor, but with no vacuum advance it would not get the best possible fuel milage on a street driven car. I have vacuum advance on all my engines. At wide open throttle it has no effect, but is advantages at all other times.

100% agree.

Road/Rage

Reaction score
For you performance Slant junkies like me.
I just got a e-mail from Performance Distributors (DUI) has a complete distributor/coil combo that sounds interesting.
They state good for 7500 RPM. Bit pricey at $339 but what isn't these days. Just wanted to pass this along.
I just rebuilt my factory Dis. with an pertronix ignitor and 48k coil. It works great! I think I have 100 in all of it!

BillGrissom

Reaction score
That one looks like a Ningbo "Ready-To-Run HEI Distributor", which have long been available for the small-block and big-block. I have one on my 273 and cost an amazingly low $45 on (Steve White Performance via ebay), plus another $20 for an e-core coil. The big-block one runs $60. If you can find a direct distributor, should cost similar. Don't put much stock in that "Bosch coil". You could use one off a 1990's Dodge Magnum engine, which looks similar and gives you a mounting bracket (mounted on top of front engine bracket). On my 1964 slant, I used a Mopar e-distributor, triggering a GM 8-pin HEI module and their coil w/ cable (mounted on R inner fender).