Not open for further replies.

Gib Warnick

'65 Valiant signet
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
These are finally back in stock. They are chrome over stainless so like polished- fit both 5.5 and 6 inch rallyes- leaves a small gap on 6". Price is $125 plus shipping. I got a set several years ago- look great. I just ordered a set- will post pictures when I get them.
http://markzpartz.com/trimrings.1.html
Much less expensive- great for driver- not a perfect piece for restoration-

Did you get these in yet? If so, how do they look?

Yup- I think they are sharp- at a reasonable price- Chrome over stainless- rim edge close- oval hole for valve stem-

I can take another and send not on wheel- reflection makes unclear

Attachments

• 101_0460.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,059
$%28KGrHqJ,%21ioE8QSu6-C0BPEQyFz%21s%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

These are the same as Markz Partz...only cheaper...$85 and free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=171020476102

I bought a set of them from Markz when he had them cheaper...2 rings got up-close and personal with a curb last Summer so I bought another set from "David's Rally Wheels" and they are an exact match to Markz...and now I have 2 spares just in case.

Paul

The Markzpartz site says they will fit a 5.5" and a 6". Are you running them on a 5.5"? That's what I have and the Davids sits just says 6". Also, are they the same chrome over stainless like Markzpartz states, bc Davids just says "metal".

I bought a set of them from Markz when he had them cheaper...2 rings got up-close and personal with a curb last Summer so I bought another set from "David's Rally Wheels" and they are an exact match to Markz...and now I have 2 spares just in case.

Paul

The Markzpartz site says they will fit a 5.5" and a 6". Are you running them on a 5.5"? That's what I have and the Davids sits just says 6". Also, are they the same chrome over stainless like Markzpartz states, bc Davids just says "metal".

I took a couple pictures...take a look...one trim ring is from Davids...one from Markz...they are exactly the same.

They both appear to be chrome plated over metal.

I am using them on 5.5" wide wheels...so there is no gap between the wheel and the ring...they fit perfect.

In David's auction it says..."these trim rings measure 2.25 inchs from floor up". Meaning put a trim ring on the floor and lay a yard stick flat across the top of the ring...when you measure straight up from the floor you should get a distance of 2.25".

Doing the same with Markz...you get 2.25 inches.

Sometimes you just have to do some research...and dig deeper to get a deal.

I am guessing that when Mark ran out of them, his cost when buying more went up...so I would buy now, nothing is getting cheaper these days.

Paul

Attachments

• 100_7649.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 826
  • 100_7650.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 791
Paul,
Thanks for all the info. Those look great, and I'm always in for saving $$$. I'm ordering a set today.
Mark

They go on some tight , with a 5.5 inch wheel , and another thing if you are putting them on a 51/2 wheel , watch for them to turn when driving , mine do bending the valve stem over

My son's came in today from David's and they look GREAT!!! Thanks for the info guys. He is thrilled with them!!

I bought a set of them from Markz when he had them cheaper...2 rings got up-close and personal with a curb last Summer so I bought another set from "David's Rally Wheels" and they are an exact match to Markz...and now I have 2 spares just in case

Paul

Where were you guys when I was asking for a source of 14" trim rings??
I paid $125---but- I am happy with them- have them now on ragtop and hardtop- get them while they are hot----and available

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back