New shoes

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Got some new shoes today.
Cant wait to start the tubs and actually get these under the car!

20180907_145340_zps8hxokgh8.jpg

Paired with my 4.88s and the spool its gonna really hurt some people's feelings stoplight to stoplight.

I'll be interested to see how much heat they build driving around, hopefully they warm up a bit just driving. That way I'm not trying to hook with cold tires.

I took a new razorblade and shaved off the "not for highway use, for racing purposes only" then rubbed the area with some 240 grit paper and now it just looks like a curb scuff. Now all that's left is the DOT stamp..

:)

I took a new razorblade and shaved off the "not for highway use, for racing purposes only" then rubbed the area with some 240 grit paper and now it just looks like a curb scuff. Now all that's left is the DOT stamp..

Your paranoid man...

I can see you sitting next to the cop with about 8 pounds of air in the back tires LOL

The other day I stopped at a red light and there was an accident on the corner. There was about six cop cars and a lot of cops walking around the accident. Here I am in the right lane, right next to all the cops, cam just lumping away, fenders shaking, I'm wrapped in the funny car cage thinking "just dont make eye contact, If I dont look over they cant see me....."

That light took FOREVER to change, the entire time I'm looking out the corner of my eye, waiting for one to come bang on the roof and wave me to the side...

The other day I stopped at a red light and there was an accident on the corner. There was about six cop cars and a lot of cops walking around the accident. Here I am in the right lane, right next to all the cops, cam just lumping away, fenders shaking, I'm wrapped in the funny car cage thinking "just dont make eye contact, If I dont look over they cant see me....."

That light took FOREVER to change, the entire time I'm looking out the corner of my eye, waiting for one to come bang on the roof and wave me to the side...

Had a cop chase me down after he seen me get it on at a light and just came up next to me and gave me the old slower down and I gave him the thumbs up. Trust me these cops have cool cars to and like them just as much as we do. In a lot of cases they know that we're just driving them a lot of times to car shows and such. I found most of the time if I just keep it cool in front of them they don't bother me.

Had a cop chase me down after he seen me get it on at a light and just came up next to me and gave me the old slower down and I gave him the thumbs up. Trust me these cops have cool cars to and like them just as much as we do. In a lot of cases they know that we're just driving them a lot of times to car shows and such. I found most of the time if I just keep it cool in front of them they don't bother me.

You and Cope are just a pair of rascles. ****, my car doesn't even attract attention anywhere. I blend right in.

Out on the trailer? So no one came to give you money for it?

Dude drove over 9 hours but he had a listening issue. It was a buy all or none deal. He wanted to start parsing out parts. So I told him no deal. Then he got butt hurt. Then he decided to cool off, leave his trailer here and stay the night at a local motel and think about it. The next day he tried the same ****. It's all or nothing. He got nothing.

He was a bit delicate in that I'd let him drive that far and not deal. So I told him hook up yer sheeeit and I'll meet you at the gate and then as he drove past me I said "hope you have a nice drive home" and waved his sorry *** down the road.

He didn't listen.

Dude drove over 9 hours but he had a listening issue. It was a buy all or none deal. He wanted to start parsing out parts. So I told him no deal. Then he got butt hurt. Then he decided to cool off, leave his trailer here and stay the night at a local motel and think about it. The next day he tried the same ****. It's all or nothing. He got nothing.

He was a bit delicate in that I'd let him drive that far and not deal. So I told him hook up yer sheeeit and I'll meet you at the gate and then as he drove past me I said "hope you have a nice drive home" and waved his sorry *** down the road.

He didn't listen.
Yeah yeah heard most of that one but you said you had someone coming out in a few more days and that was what I thought was a few days ago?

Yeah yeah heard most of that one but you said you had someone coming out in a few more days and that was what I thought was a few days ago?

He can't make it over until I can't be here. So he's on hold. He's not driving that far but it's still a bit of a drive. It will be early October before he can get here. And that may move a week because I had some **** come up today.

My dead giveaway isn't my tires, it's the piles of rubber packed up all over the back fenders and all in the fender wells.

There 295x65x15
DOT drag radials.

They're basically slicks...

Cope have you ran a drag radial on the street? My experience is that bias tires are way better.

I have not. These are kinda just a test tire. They should wear out quick and then I can figure out max tire size and type.
I needed a large tire to fit mock up my rear end.

I have not. These are kinda just a test tire. They should wear out quick and then I can figure out max tire size and type.
I needed a large tire to fit mock up my rear end.

Understood. I've been running some heads up street car stuff at my local track, with minimal surface prep my radials don't like it. On a well prepped track the radials are king, so so prep, not so good. Aftre the exciting ride I took last time out I'm thinking about ordering either M/T or Hoosier DOT bias tires.

-
Back