New Stamped Steel A body Control Arms

-

PST

Marketing Manager
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
New for 2014, PST offers replacement upper control arms for 1964-76 A Body models. An inherent problem that has plagued the Mopar stamped steel arms over the years is the installation design of the upper ball joints. Repeated replacement of the ball joints over the years can strip and distort the opening of the control arm leading to ball joint "popping out" under load. PST's new arms come pre-assembled ready for quick installation. Improve handling, save time and money while retaining that factory look.

Direct link the arms on our website: http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10063/.f?sc=12

Carefully inspect your original control arms and make sure that they are in good condition prior to rebuilding. Don't be caught with a arm like this one:

Do these control arms will work with the 73 and up stock disc spindles or do I have to use your spindles in order for these to work?

The majority of the disc conversion kits out there require for you to use their upper control arms with their spindles.

These use the larger ball joint style seen the in the a bodies from 73-76 disc brake car.

Thanks

They would if you upgraded your car with our disc brake conversion kit. These arms use the bigger upper ball joint that was used on the 73-76 A body and B and E bodies

So then no as these are based off the large upper ball joint. The factory disc brake A body cars used a small ball joint. The arms will inter change but the ball joints are different.

Thanks
James

So then no as these are based off the large upper ball joint. The factory disc brake A body cars used a small ball joint. The arms will inter change but the ball joints are different.

Thanks
James
Change that to "factory disc brake pre 1973 A body cars used a small ball joint."
Replacement threaded bungs ( weld in ) for correcting this failure have been available for many years. If my upper ball joint popped out after I had recently installed new upper arm bushing....

Do these control arms come with the extra 3 degrees of caster built in, or do they have the same geometry/caster issue as the factory ones and require offset bushings to gain that extra caster?
-Doug

These are built back to factory specs. So your need to used the offset bushings to achieve the additional caster or you could buy instead our tubular upper control arms that have the caster built into them.

Thanks
James

These are built back to factory specs. So your need to used the offset bushings to achieve the additional caster or you could buy instead our tubular upper control arms that have the caster built into them.

Thanks
James

Thanks,
Do you make the tubular arms for the small ball joint spindles? That's what I need as I already have disc brakes that adapted/bolted to my stock 10" drum spindles.

Unfortunately not. Both the stamp steel arms that we sell and the tubular arms are based off the larger 73-76 ball joint.

Thanks
James

-
Back