New to A Bodies, familiar with trucks

-

70Lawn_Dart

#moparlawndart
Reaction score
Been searching for info for my 70 Dart and this site kept popping up so here is am a member now lol. My 70 Dart build has big goals because of my big mouth, started the triple threat build ( street strip and auto x ) due to a bet i made 2 of my friends that i will beat them overall at Super Summit this year...one drives an EVO X, other 90s BMW 3 series. Will have plenty of motor to beat both but traction while cornering is the main concern while maintaining torsion bars and leaf springs. Anyways, here's how i picked up my roller, wish me luck, gunna start a build thread to show what progress i made since these pics:
20181029_161044.jpg
20181029_161056.jpg
20181029_161115.jpg
IMG_20181030_090458.jpg

Welcome aboard this great site, looking forward to your updates, love me some ramchargers :thumbsup:

Moi? View attachment 1715276650
Would be best to know more about the event before I start blabbering about anything. There's always rules that define the game.
My friends went to the event the last 2 years, Summit Motorsports Park . Its a free event that Summit has at summit motorsports park. Im using it mainly as motivation to get the car done but bragging rights are also cool

My friends went to the event the last 2 years, Summit Motorsports Park . Its a free event that Summit has at summit motorsports park. Im using it mainly as motivation to get the car done but bragging rights are also cool
It sounds like fun but there's nothing I see there that even gives a hint to the parameters of the game.
Need to know things like what tires are allowed, can body panels be modified and so forth.
Also need to know the game itself. For example Goodguys are very low speed, short tight courses made of walls of cones. One I saw looked like a go cart track. Others are bigger. An event with full stop boxes and even reversing would be more like an old school gymkana. Different again are autocrosses based on SCCA rules which will be mostly in 2nd (sometimes 3rd gear briefly) and scored only on the best run.

It really all starts with the tires. If running in a class where 25" x 13" - 16" Goodyear slicks are allowed, then that's a world of difference than a class that requires DOT tires on stock rims with a 1" allowance or something like that. That's the sort of rules SCCA has for different classes. It also depends on who your running against. When I was in NNJ region, a bunch of us ran in C Prepared and none of us had anything like 25" slicks - so that rule allowance didn't matter to us. All of us had relatively nice sheet metal and weren't going to cut up our fenders, or spend the money and time to trailer to events.

If there are no rules, then post up what build parameters you've got in mind.

Last edited:
-
Back