New to Mopar!

-
Found this in the glove box! It has 48403 on it now. Not hardly 10 years old when it was parked.

IMG_20180318_162417026_HDR.jpg

Wish I would have gotten a picture of a 62 Pontiac Grand Prix at the cruise in Friday night. You could see paint, primer, and bare metal. It was beautiful!!
I like the old grand prixs, my dad had a few. I can still remember sitting in the driveway as a kid and pretending like I was driving them. I could never get them to go fast though.

And the journey begins! First time out of the barn in quite a while!

View attachment 1715154397
Great start ! Look forward to seeing her shined up and back on road! This site has already saved me a ton of mistakes and cash. I think you could ask anything Mopar related and someone has been there done that. These guys are a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome aboard and nice car! As has been mentioned, any questions that you could possibly have can be answered here.

Looks like it is sitting quite low in the front, have the height adjusters been backed off or does it have torsion bar / crossmember issues? There are some repair parts available for the crossmember.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Welcome aboard and nice car! As has been mentioned, any questions that you could possibly have can be answered here.

Looks like it is sitting quite low in the front, have the height adjusters been backed off or does it have torsion bar / crossmember issues? There are some repair parts available for the crossmember.

Keep us updated on your progress!
The left torsion bar is broken and will certainly be one of the first projects! Ordered new PST bars a few weeks ago!

Finally made some headway today. Started a mission on changing the torsion bars as one is snapped. It quickly turned into a bigger project! Ball joints, bushings, etc.... On order. Forward ends of the torsion bars are STUCK!

IMG_20180506_133330861.jpg

IMG_20180506_141525904.jpg

Nice. Consider yourself unique,now.
And part of the family here. Wealth of knowledge specifically here. Special place for sure.
Welcome!

Dave

That is exactly what I was doing this weekend. All new PST suspension and 1.03 torsion bars.. What a pain in the ash..... Now to take the hubs off the drums and installing new drums and studs... A lot of fun..

That is exactly what I was doing this weekend. All new PST suspension and 1.03 torsion bars.. What a pain in the ash..... Now to take the hubs off the drums and installing new drums and studs... A lot of fun..
Did you have issues getting the bar to release from the lower control arm?

Not at all... Use a crow bar on the lower control arm, disconnect the lower control arm from frame and should come out with no problems..

Clips are out! Does the lower control arm bolt actually secure the bar in the arm?

No it does not... Sometimes it is hard to get the torsion bar out... Two options... Get the Torsion bar removal tool (Summit) or removed the lower control arm and then the torsion bar should come out by wiggling it from control arm.. If you want you can do a Suspension Search (Above right). You can find tons of information about suspension issues... Guys are great here and they post a lot of information...

Should be an interesting project! Sure wish they made more parts for the darn thing. Its in desperate need of some front fenders!
New front fenders are going to meet your first goal of getting it to drive better! LOL welcome to the Forum...
Who me? I'm not a smart ***!

Hey if that torsion bars stuck in the control arm clamp something on it and beat the hell out of it and get it out of there it's broken anyways! If it was savable or usable of course you wouldn't want to scratch it but if it's just half of a torsion bar stuck in your control arm smack that puppy out of there!

Nice car. I got a 1967 273 formula s when I got out the Navy then had a 1968 383, both fastbacks. I really like the body style of the fast backs.

-
Back