New to the Forum

-

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Hello A-Body members! I finally decided to join the community after months of reading posts here.

I purchased a pair of Darts in October of 2014, one is a 1971 base 2 door 225 slant 6 car and the other being a 1972 Swinger 318 car.
The 71 had been stripped down to a bare shell by the previous owner to restore, but he never got around to finishing it.
It was challenge getting it home as I had to build a dolly to set the body on to get it home as it was sitting on blocks in a barn with no suspension!
Lucky for me the guy was a farmer with a loader that was able to lift the shell up and drop it on the dolly while it was on the trailer.

Once home we rolled the shell off the trailer and into the shop to begin the restoration.
I now have the body work on the shell done and I did a mini-tub with a spring re-location and I found a 3.23 - 8.75 rear end and a 340 K-member with disc brakes out of a 69 Barracuda for it.
My Mopar cruise night buddies hooked me up with a 71' 383 & 727 trans for it. The under carriage was stripped, primed and undercoated (all done on my back laying on the floor) as I do not have a rotisserie,
the rear end is installed and I jammed in the trunk and engine bay in B3 Corporate Blue and started to clean up, paint and re-install the front suspension parts in an effort to get it on it's on wheels again
so I can move it out of the shop to do the body work on the doors, fenders & hood. It's been a lot of fun and very hard work and many times very frustrating, but I have enjoyed every minute of it so far!

I have looked to this forum whenever I was puzzled about anything and found the answers to solve them and I thank all those members who took the time to make that post and provide that needed advice!

Welcome, Welcome. Sounds like you're to a fast start! We all would love to see some pictures as you go along.
Mike

I have taken well over 300 photos of the 71 build to date but the only place I have on the web is my Facebook account and it seems that this forum needs an external site for photo linking.

Welcome to FABO!!!! Glad you finally decided to join the fun!

To post pictures, scroll down below the text box and you'll see the "upload photos" button. From there you just select and upload. Easy stuff.

Post a couple when you get a chance!!!!

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. You should set up a Photobucket account to drop your photos in. Very easy and free.

-
Back