New to the Mopar world

-

Boxer71c

Reaction score
Hello,
New member here in Ks, I got my first mopar A body about a year ago 1973 Dart Swinger out right given to me. The lady was going to have the salvage yard haul it off. She was the only owner and bought it new. I cannot stress how little I know about Mopar. But I’m going to learn as much as possible. I look forward to getting to know you.

2ACF781D-738E-4B11-91C5-61C3A6C99D99.jpeg

D2BABEA7-AA70-4288-BC3A-D1F4BA6249F3.jpeg

707A694E-D085-40C1-BD7F-B531B2E66287.jpeg

669BBB6A-4AA6-4873-A908-38E71B7E2C43.jpeg

9A6B1DDF-1446-42E0-B58C-722E923EB028.jpeg

2 door

v8

AC

looks like a clean body

good starting point.

Welcome from the Land of Lincoln, looks to be a straight looking Swinger a very good project...

Welcome aboard. Ask away!
Do know that you just can’t slap together a Chrysler.
Like a Chevy.

Hello,
New member here in Ks, I got my first mopar A body about a year ago 1973 Dart Swinger out right given to me. The lady was going to have the salvage yard haul it off. She was the only owner and bought it new. I cannot stress how little I know about Mopar. But I’m going to learn as much as possible. I look forward to getting to know you.

View attachment 1715333553

View attachment 1715333554

View attachment 1715333555

View attachment 1715333556

View attachment 1715333557

Many thanks to you all. I’m looking forward to learning from all of you. This is an outstanding site and I’m just doing all kinds of research. Yes I am learning that the Mopar world is far a different beast then slapping together a Chevy. Lol. Thanks again

LOL. A lot of the guys that come from other auto camps get twisted when they try and reassemble something and have to do it like 3 or 4 times. They always say, “It has to go back together in a just so manor or it doesn’t work or jive right.”

LOL. A lot of the guys that come from other auto camps get twisted when they try and reassemble something and have to do it like 3 or 4 times. They always say, “It has to go back together in a just so manor or it doesn’t work or jive right.”
Lol.. I can see that. I’m definitely trying not to be that “Guy”.

Lol.. I can see that. I’m definitely trying not to be that “Guy”.
No worries. It is a “Learning Curve” everyone has to go through. I’m not exempt! Though I’ve been a Chrysler only guy (mostly, at least the serious go fast part of it) for better than 30 years.

I’ve done a few GM’s & Chevies in the past and had only one Ford, (‘67 triple black 302 Stang) which were all fine. I found the SBM more powerful and faster though a little more pricey when you start digging deep into it than the competition. Add in the MP engines book with a step by step, part number by part number go fast section and the world became a whole lot easier for this then young kid to bust out the broom on his friends.

Mopar’s were cheap back in the day because no one wanted them. Saved me lots-o-money for speed parts. Never had a good looking body though. I always looked like a pile of stink and ran like hell.

No worries. It is a “Learning Curve” everyone has to go through. I’m not exempt! Though I’ve been a Chrysler only guy (mostly, at least the serious go fast part of it) for better than 30 years.

I’ve done a few GM’s & Chevies in the past and had only one Ford, (‘67 triple black 302 Stang) which were all fine. I found the SBM more powerful and faster though a little more pricey when you start digging deep into it than the competition. Add in the MP engines book with a step by step, part number by part number go fast section and the world became a whole lot easier for this then young kid to bust out the broom on his friends.

Mopar’s were cheap back in the day because no one wanted them. Saved me lots-o-money for speed parts. Never had a good looking body though. I always looked like a pile of stink and ran like hell.
Lol.. Right. Yes the learning curve has bit me too, but I’m hitting the ground running. I appreciate everyone making me feel welcome, Great site!

-
Back