New tool addition

-
I once wore big rings, of course not while working on car, but after seeing this I don't think I'm wearing them at all anymore.

Earrings are another thing. I used to like really big earrings but now I'm opting for a self decor package delete lol, too much bad stuff happens with jewelry and its not worth it.

Quality set of easy outs or some form of broken bolt extractors.

Magnet for tools/bolt/whatever retrieval(thankful I had that doing a Volvo alternator a few weeks ago).

See about getting yourself a deadblow hammer. They put force on things well above their weight and dont peen the ends of things as easily

You can rinse your eyes with any potable liquid. water, the bottle of coke you were drinking, kids koolaid, vinegar, etc. some wont be pleasant, but they are safe and they are better than battery acid

I got battery acid in my eyes from a B 52 battery so bad one time , had to have the nurses wash them out at the base hosp. getting there with eyes burning and mostly closed was a ***** , tore down a guard fence during an ORI inspection , left the tractor I was driving , running , it ran into the hangar , washed under a big floor sink which didnt help , screamed up to the hosp. , only to wait on the nightshift to finish playing the hand of cards they were holding , took some kind of fluid to counteract the acid , talk about a migrain , the acid even got into my sinuses .

I got battery acid in my eyes from a B 52 battery so bad one time , had to have the nurses wash them out at the base hosp. getting there with eyes burning and mostly closed was a ***** , tore down a guard fence during an ORI inspection , left the tractor I was driving , running , it ran into the hangar , washed under a big floor sink which didnt help , screamed up to the hosp. , only to wait on the nightshift to finish playing the hand of cards they were holding , took some kind of fluid to counteract the acid , talk about a migrain , the acid even got into my sinuses .
Wow! Nasty for sure. Some kind of face shield is a well worth it tool. I use an old welding helmet with a clear lenses for grinding and carb work and other things, especially when using nasty solvents.

Wow! Nasty for sure. Some kind of face shield is a well worth it tool. I use an old welding helmet with a clear lenses for grinding and carb work and other things, especially when using nasty solvents.

I think that anyone that handled those batteries were required to were a face
sheild after my accident .
The batteries were propped up against each other in a v formation , as not to be setting on the concrete, if it weren`t for a crew chief on the next bomber watching me , no one would have believed that the vibration from his aircrafts engines running caused them to slip and fall just as I started to bend over to pick one up , it fell before I even touched it , it was missing most of the caps for some reason .
How lucky can a guy get !??

I haven't worn a ring regularly in over 30 years. I hung my wedding ring on the top of the tail light bezel on a 69 Dart I had at the time. It cut my finger on top and bottom, then I had to take a pair of pliers to make it round enough to get off my finger before the swelling started.

My battery post cleaner, just mix with water in a small container and brush on and let it work, then rinse with water.
b06d2aca-265d-474f-a58e-421283cd3e66_1.37c7732642d23a20260fd60c074ba879.jpg

Last edited:
I pour boiling water over nasty terninals to wash it all away. Then I remove terminals and clean.

The one tool I would buy tomorrow if I could find it is a proper trouble light. I have tried most of them, led, magnetic base, head worn, hanging style etc . Most are not bright enough or will not stay in place while you are working .Try working under a dash with one, you will move it, fidget with it, hopefully jam it between wiring harnesses or brackets just to have it fall down just as you need it!! A real PITA !!

The one tool I would buy tomorrow if I could find it is a proper trouble light. I have tried most of them, led, magnetic base, head worn, hanging style etc . Most are not bright enough or will not stay in place while you are working .Try working under a dash with one, you will move it, fidget with it, hopefully jam it between wiring harnesses or brackets just to have it fall down just as you need it!! A real PITA !!
No perfect light. I like fluorescent lights because they don't cast as many shadows but they are a pain in the butt to jam in a place that needs light. Rechargeable LED is my favorite.

IMG_3321.JPG

When I rented a pickle fork for a front end job, it turned out to be so handy that I kept it. Very handy tool.

Bought a really nice led, rechargeable of the snap on truck. I dont care to admit hiw much i paid for it. It was gone in 2 months. I left it under the hood of something.

the rather large led magnetic base light i have now is great.
But the magnets are getting weak. It has an underhood bracket, works nice.

On Thursday my new cam bearing install tool will arrive. I'm sure I will use it twice.........after that........well!

I almost got my hand injured a week after being married from my ring. I never wore jewely up till then. It has now sat 32 years in the wife's jewely box.

45 years ago I worked with a fellow that climbed some stock shelves and slipped down.
His ring finger stayed up on the shelf..
It separated the skin at the knuckle and bone at the first joint.
They sewed his hand to his chest to get skin to cover the exposed bone.
I've never worn a ring since then.
It looks like Rani needs to give someone the finger.:rolleyes:

On Thursday my new cam bearing install tool will arrive. I'm sure I will use it twice.........after that........well!
I got mine off the Snap-On truck back in 85 and used it 1 time. I will probably be using multiple times in the next few years.

85! That's a while back! Yup one of those tools that will still be near new in 30 or 40 years.

It arrived a day early. Of course I damaged #4 bearing. I felt it stop....one more....doh! Lucky for me the engine shop had a few open kits and sold me just the one I needed.

One down, one to go..........so far!

-
Back