s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg

I've been looking for a 72 D100 for a few years. I hope this one is worth it. I'm picking it up later this week.

nice. when you get it check for frame rot by the gas tank and frame crack around the steering box.

do yourself a favor and install one of these so the fram doesn't crack around the box.. Power Steering Brace

Hey j-par, looks like "cousin of grandson of a seed truck" over here on the east coast.

Nice find dom!
Obviously I would be interested in what ballpark price he paid for it? Not trying to pry into his financial business or anything like that just a ballpark.. it helps me make a fair price for mine when I get ready to sell it in a couple months...

Also I'd be interested to see what the floorboards look like under the carpet or rubber...?? ..

Obviously I would be interested in what ballpark price he paid for it? Not trying to pry into his financial business or anything like that just a ballpark.. it helps me make a fair price for mine when I get ready to sell it in a couple months...
you can always search ebay for "sold listings". looks like he got a solid deal on that truck.
1972 Dodge Other Pickups | eBay

Wow! Nice. Best of luck on that clean looking truck.

I am picking it up on Monday. Can't wait to see it. The seller says there is a small hole in the floor. It is missing a piece of side trim that will be nearly impossible to find. The tailgate trim is also missing.

I am picking it up on Monday. Can't wait to see it. The seller says there is a small hole in the floor. It is missing a piece of side trim that will be nearly impossible to find. The tailgate trim is also missing.
well I have good news and I have bad news on that small hole in the floor board.. I'm like The Godfather I like bad news first and fast... every one of the trucks except for one that had a camper on it all its life quote a small hole in the floor board... Translation the floorboards were totally rotted out...
Here's the good news.. first it's always just under the rubber mat and it is a cheap easy fix.. all of the under supports are galvanized and do not rust out.. current 2 Classic or c2c has floorboards for $24 each and about $25 shipping.. do not put that rubber mat back in there with the sponge that's underneath it. Every last one of the floorboards I've seen rusted out are from the inside never from the outside... The carpet kit takes no time at all to put in and it's about a hundred and forty bucks plus shipping..
Currently on General discussion under grandson of seed truck I'm doing floor boards with pictures or have done them...
This is my fourth truck of that era and only one of them didn't have rusted floorboard from the inside because again it had a giant camper that overhung the cab. What happens is the door seals go out and water gets in and sets underneath that rubber mat and gets in the sound deadener which is basically a sponge that holds water under that rubber mat against your floorboard.. then when you do that don't forget to replace the door seals which are only like $50 and take about 15 minutes to put on both..

Nice find! I especially like the cooling mod on the heater blower motor....... WTF?
That's just the vent hose that goes from the cowl to the heater blower.. they're made out of some kind of material with a wire coil in it and they always rot out.. it's just whatever color replacement line they could find.. I have to replace the one on grandson of seed truck as well..

This is my fourth truck that I've almost completely disassembled in the last 2 years so there isn't much I haven't seen..

That grilll is what I like! It's very hard to find a 72 73 Grill in that nice of condition. And don't feel bad about your dent in your bumper I haven't seen one of those that didn't have something wrong.. not to say it doesn't exist but.... It takes less than 5 minutes with a Phillips screw gun to take the grill off and another 5 to put one back on...

obviously we would be interested in what ballpark price you paid for yours as well. ... :poke:

Last edited:
-
Back