Status
Not open for further replies.

TAZLDAZL

AMSOIL DEALER
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
The templates are back for installing the twin hood scoops that go on the 70-71 Darts & Demons. Sorry for the delay but time was out of my control. I took my original to a friend of mine who owns his own sign shop and we have designed a new template. This way I won't have to spend hours drawing, tracing & cutting the template out. Now I can have them printed out when needed. The new template is made from a thick brown parer vise Tyvex. The Tyvex roll was to big for the printer. I am having 20 templates made this week. I took detailed pictures when I installed my set of scoops and then generated a step by step procedure with pictures for the install. I will email the step by step procedures to you. The price is $30.00. This includes shipping to the lower 48. Canada will be more, contact me for an exact shipping quote. All other’s please contact me for a shipping quote. Templates are rolled up & will be shipped from Chesapeake, VA 23322 in a 2” x 3’ tube via USPS. . Payment will be by Pay Pal only please. I will try and keep this simple. Reply to this post that you would like to purchase a template. I will PM you with the Pay Pal account and ask you for your email to send the step by step procedures to and your shipping address. Once money has been rec'd, I will send you the template along with a PM to let you know that it is on its way. I will try and send them out on Monday's & Thursday's. Note: the template in the pictures is tyvex, the new template is made from brown paper. If during the install you have and questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks again for everyone’s patience.
AJ “Tazz” Schneider

Added NOTE: When using pay pal if you could please note the following in the remarks/msg box to me, This is for the twin scoop template on FABO. My FABO user name is ___________.

Thanks, I need this cause some of your email addresses do not match your FABO user name. It'll just make it easier for shipping.

5258361118_304a1e46e7.jpg

5257751507_2d61ecb41c.jpg

5258361368_2848553203.jpg

5258361586_59beacf36b.jpg

5258363024_b7517d1af3.jpg

5257754303_d919e7d2a1.jpg

I don't understand the need for this template. Am I missing something here?Or is this needed for hoods I am not aware of that don't have the inner holes stamped in??

If you are building a list.... I know I will be needing one at some point (after wife gives green light for parts).

I don't understand the need for this template. Am I missing something here?Or is this needed for hoods I am not aware of that don't have the inner holes stamped in??

Not all of the holes are located. In the picture below, the #1 holes are marked with an access hole in the substructure of the hood, but that's a much bigger hole than the stud on the scoop needs. The access holes are like 3/4" diameter, so there's more than enough room to mess it up. #-o And of course, none of the #2 holes have any marking at all.

The template isn't absolutely necessary, you could drill the mounting holes using the access holes as a guide and then set the scoops on to mark the rest, but a template makes life a whole lot easier. Especially if you're drilling on a painted, finished car.

Attachments

• Hood Scoop Mounting.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 4,064
I can vouch for Taz's template -- I used one of his for my hood and it worked great. Tip though. Center punch your holes and then remove the template prior to drilling. You can then reuse it over and over. I drilled right through mine. LOL

It looks like it may work for Dusters too. Am I correct?

jrlegacy 23, mopar79sean, CAMOPARS, 72bluNblu, bp46 & darinou812. I have sent you all PM's.

Thanks again & have a Blessed day!!
TAZZ

Not all of the holes are located. In the picture below, the #1 holes are marked with an access hole in the substructure of the hood, but that's a much bigger hole than the stud on the scoop needs. The access holes are like 3/4" diameter, so there's more than enough room to mess it up. #-o And of course, none of the #2 holes have any marking at all.

The template isn't absolutely necessary, you could drill the mounting holes using the access holes as a guide and then set the scoops on to mark the rest, but a template makes life a whole lot easier. Especially if you're drilling on a painted, finished car.

Good point . On a painted car would be safer and easier. I always use a bushing and transfer punch. But it does get a little dangerous as you get older you are not as steady.

jrlegacy 23, mopar79sean, CAMOPARS, 72bluNblu & darinou812, I have rec'd your payments. I will be picking up the templates tomorrow . I will try and have them ready to go out on Friday. I will PM you when shipped.

Will these templates work with the aftermarket hood scoops? I've read that they are smaller.

Will these templates work with the aftermarket hood scoops? I've read that they are smaller.

I would say yes. I have heard that some aftermarket scoops only have 4 studs. eitherway what I mention in my step by step instructions is to place the scoop on the template to check the holes. If everything lines up continue on. That's about all I can say without seeing you scoops.
TAZZ

dumb ? but wouldn't this work on a 72 dart as well

I would think so but I'm not for sure. I know that the 70-71 Dusters hood scoops are about 1 inch closer together then the Dart/Demon hoods. I would think that Dodge would't back track to an older hood. I would say yes but maybe someone could chime in on this.

Can anyone vouch for the 72-76 Sport Dart hood being the the same as the 70-71 Dart/Demon hood.

My friend who owns the sign shop where I am having these printed does have a 73 Dart and was asking me the same question just yesterday. I suggested that we take one of the templates down and see how it fits.
TAZZ

I can vouch for Taz's template -- I used one of his for my hood and it worked great. Tip though. Center punch your holes and then remove the template prior to drilling. You can then reuse it over and over. I drilled right through mine. LOL

Thansk for the post.
Remember to read the instructions, mark the hood, place tape over the marks, remark on the tape, remove template then drill. lol Hey as long as it worked.
Thanks again
TAZZ

jrlegacy 23
mopar79sean
CAMOPARS
72bluNblu
darinou812

Emails have been sent with instructions and trk#'s.
Thanks again and all have a blessed day!!
Tazz

Those are some awesome instructions you sent! :thumbup:

Yes, great instructions. I also received my tube yesterday. I have not opened it (don't want to ruin it before I use it), but I am sure its in great shape. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back