New wheels and tires!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I picked up some new wheels and tires. I went to a buddys shop to look at his new car that he wants me to do aluminum in and low and behold he has 5 wheels and tires that I want!

20210513_145842.jpg

These are Mrap(?) Wheels and tires. 41X20

Gonna have to redo the wheel wells on the dart........

Haha! Just kidding. These are goin on the 04 Dodge Diesel.

Im not sure why anyone runs truck tires that aren't military surplus. The cost is dirt cheep.... every truck I own will be converted to military wheels and tires when the 04 is done. Gone are the days of 800 bucks a tire. 100 bucks just sounds so much better.....

Our land cruzer runs 46 inch military tires @100 bucks each.
Our 94 Dodge 1500 runs 37 inch Humvee wheels (recentered) and tires. @100 bucks each.
And now the 04 Dodge diesel 2500 will be running the Mrap wheels (custom adapters?) and tires (41 inch). @100 bucks each.

Last edited:
I dont run military surplus because they don't make em in my boltpattern

I had the Humvee wheels recentered on the Dodge 1500 steel centers. A one time expense that will pay for it self as soon as the set needs replacement.

The new set (41X20) could mount to any 20 inch wheel but I am willing to spend some coin to run these wheels. The MRAP wheel is just WAY TO COOL LOOKING!

Might be worth it
I hate the styling of new wheels

When it's a truck, polished aluminum with 7 or 8 round holes in the smallest size that clears the brakes is what I like

Don’t forget, these wheels don’t just bolt up. They require an adapter.

Thats not true.

They bolt right up to 10X335 lug pattern axles.
:)

I think I found a company making the adapter/spacer plate.

MRAP WHEEL ADAPTER PLATES

I will call them in the morning. Looking at their pictures it sure looks like his adapter plates will work with my wheels.

Oh boy! Im getting excited!!!

I’ve watched Diesel Brothers and stayed at the Holiday Inn, I know what I’m talking about! LOL!!!

Thats not true.

They bolt right up to 10X335 lug pattern axles.
:)

I think I found a company making the adapter/spacer plate.

MRAP WHEEL ADAPTER PLATES

I will call them in the morning. Looking at their pictures it sure looks like his adapter plates will work with my wheels.

Oh boy! Im getting excited!!!
Ask em what a set for an 05 F350 runs

Times 4, plus shipping, minus 30%..still a ton

Looks like they would have about 10 inches of backspacing

Duh.... put em on backwards.....

Jezebels... do i have to do everything around here?????

")

If you did a better job clearing the dang snow out of the driveway maybe you wouldn't be getting stuck..........

;)

I picked up some new wheels and tires. I went to a buddys shop to look at his new car that he wants me to do aluminum in and low and behold he has 5 wheels and tires that I want!

View attachment 1715737037

Im not sure why anyone runs truck tires that aren't military surplus. The cost is dirt cheep.... every truck I own will be converted to military wheels and tires when the 04 is done. Gone are the days of 800 bucks a tire. 100 bucks just sounds so much better.....

Our 94 Dodge 1500 runs 37 inch Humvee wheels (recentered) and tires. @100 bucks each.
And now the 04 Dodge diesel 2500 will be running the Mrap wheels (custom adapters?) and tires (41 inch). @100 bucks each.
Where the Heck you find military surplus ?

View attachment 1715737037

What are those wheels made of ?

What are those wheels made of ?
The website he listed for the adapters claims they sell them in steel and aluminum

I can tell you right now, I wouldn't be able to get the spare on in steel, them suckers are heavy

The wheels I have are aluminum.

Im not sure what one wheel and tire combo weighs but i can move one around.

The 46-53" inch ones I can not move and we have those mounted on light weight wheels.

Do a search for used military tires. There's a few guys in Texas selling them. Even with shipping and the cost to recenter my wheels they are a great deal.

-
Back