New wheels for the Jalopy!

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
Decided to go “old school” with the steelies and torque thrusts. I think it looks much better.
Pic 1 is before
Pic 2 is after

What do you all think?

35A2EB0B-234C-489B-8924-D8888D9209F2.jpeg

AB5C55F0-AD0D-4E53-A9FB-92422CC54953.jpeg

Both look great in my opinion, but #2's got the slight edge. I bet that beast gets some looks going down the road. I love straight axle cars!
Thanks, she certainly gets attention. Some good, some not so good. I’ve found that people either love it or hate it. It’s a hoot to drive and will cruise all day long and that’s what I built it for.

I actually like the wheels in the first picture...... but not on THAT car! Gasser style build, gasser style wheels, all the way!
BTW, I love the bahama yellow. I have a runner that color. Don't see that color much any more.

Yeah, definitely don’t see the Bahama yellow that often. When I first built the car it was on the ground and the wheels looked real good IMO. But when I put the axle in they had to go.

FA88B1D2-B275-44E8-8303-E347CEBD330A.jpeg

Yeah, definitely don’t see the Bahama yellow that often. When I first built the car it was on the ground and the wheels looked real good IMO. But when I put the axle in they had to go.

View attachment 1716043005
Before you swapped to the straight axle, did you ever have any ground clearance issues with that oil pan? I've got the same one on my '66. It sits pretty high, but I'm curious if yours ever scraped on anything.

Before you swapped to the straight axle, did you ever have any ground clearance issues with that oil pan? I've got the same one on my '66. It sits pretty high, but I'm curious if yours ever scraped on anything.
No it never hit anything but to be honest it was almost on the bump stops so the suspension bottomed out before the pan hit anything. Did end up raising it a bit to alleviate my anxiety of ripping that thing off!

View attachment 1716043005
I'm not a fan of the gasser set up on cars after the late '50's the body style just isn't there for that in my opinion. It looks better on the 55 -57 Chevys and henry j and the older Fords.

I'm not a fan of the gasser set up on cars after the late '50's the body style just isn't there for that in my opinion. It looks better on the 55 -57 Chevys and henry j and the older Fords.
You've made that clear twice now and that wasn't even the question he asked. You're making it very easy to put you on ignore again. Goodbye.

No it never hit anything but to be honest it was almost on the bump stops so the suspension bottomed out before the pan hit anything. Did end up raising it a bit to alleviate my anxiety of ripping that thing off!
I like the way the car looks. Snatched right outta the early 70s. What did you use for the front suspension?

Last edited:
me gustaria numero dos. muy bonito!

second one has my vote

Last edited:
-
Back