Newbie from Michigan!

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello A body friends! I have been into Mopar trucks for the past 20 years and have finally decided to do the car route, even with my wife's blessing! After searching, I ended up buying a 1970 duster. Was originally a /6 car, three speed on the floor. Now has a tired 340, 4 speed. Has a 8.75" in it and disc brakes.

Going to put a 440 in it becuase I have a fresh one in the garage! I'm a rookie so I will be asking many questions!!!

First question: does anyone make repro fenders for Dusters? Door skins?

Glad to be part of the A body family!:newb:

Welcome aboard :cheers: We have many great members and tec help here
and a few from Michigan :hello1:
Repop fenders and door skins should be out there some where, but I would bet a few members here have what you are looking for.
Jump on in and enjoy this great site :happy1: and look in the for sale forums and be sure to post in the wanted forum so the members that are pulling parts know what you are needing :D Welcome from Arkansas

Welcome Pauly

Had a 70 duster 6/3 on floor in the 70's

Would guess there is sheet metal, but you can probably find some good used too

Ask away on the ? Lot of good people and info from the members here

Welcome aboard from Westland! Sounds like a good project you've got there. Keep us posted with your progress with lots of pics!

Where in Michigan? A few years ago a friend was trying to sell alot of nice Dart/Duster sheetmetal. I know he had some good doors. If you are close enough to pick it up I could run over and ask him.

West Side of MI. I live in Holton. 49425. Just getting into the car - drivers fender is the worst one - lots of dents. Passenger side looks pretty good but have to get through all the paint and primer to see what I have to work with. Looks like the car got hit on the drivers side at some point - has a new quarter on it and someone tried to put a skin on the door and failed miserably!!! Need a front bumper also - maybe a hood - mines got a few dents in it!

Welcome to the FABO family, pauly.
As for the sheet metal, i am not aware of anyone reproducing these parts yet.
Maybe check out AMD and i think they will be reproducing the door skins soon.
It shouldn't be too hard to find good original parts though.
As for the big block swap, there is a section on here for that with a lot of good info, or go to bigblockdart.com
How about some pics?

Welcome from Downriver Michigan Pauly! I myself am fairly new to this site. Alot of great people and information. I recently picked up a Plum Crazy '71 Duster with a 340
Good Luck with your project!

Welcome from Lansing. Just post what you need in the wanted section. It wont take long until you find what you need in there

Howdy from Pinckney, near Ann Arbor, and welcome to the best Mopar site on the web!! Geof

welcome aboard from Shelby township Mi. look around check craiges list

49424 here

welcome aboard
so you allready own a duster huh?

got me beat ;)

welcome, there are a few mopar guys in michigan, check out mopars at the red barns in july, they have a good swap meet and car show

-
Back