-

kiwirichie

Reaction score
Hi guys , have had a look around this site a bit over the last couple of weeks and just joined so hello to everyone.
Im in new Zealand , so quite a distance and our cars have different models etc.
im getting a 1967 VC valiant 225 slant restored at the moment . new paint ,upholstery , mags done.
however my bumpers are buggered , too rusty and thin to rechrome apparently.
I cant find any here was trying Australia , then my car builder suggested America he said they will have equivalent models and probably heaps of old unused stock, so if any one knows of anything that will fit please let me know.
thanks in advance. will definitely be checking in often to try and learn more about the 225 engine. cheers Richie

Welcome to the fun. If you can post pics of what you're looking for, Im sure somebody has it.. Tighten your belt for shipping cost tho!

Welcome to the site!! I always use Tri-City plating here in the US. They can re-chrome your bumpers or they will furnish a good solid core (cores aren't very expensive). If you plan to buy a nice driver quality bumper from the US I would just get a new re-chromed one from Tri City since you'll have to pay for shipping either way you may as well get something that will last forever!! When I get a newly re-chromed bumper from Tri City I always (immediately) coat the backside with brush on undercoat. The majority of bumper corrosion starts on the backside because that's where all the road salts, dirt, water, etc hits as the wheels rotate.

Tri-City Plating Co. Inc.

Treblig

Welcome to the site!! I always use Tri-City plating here in the US. They can re-chrome your bumpers or they will furnish a good solid core (cores aren't very expensive). If you plan to buy a nice driver quality bumper from the US I would just get a new re-chromed one from Tri City since you'll have to pay for shipping either way you may as well get something that will last forever!! When I get a newly re-chromed bumper from Tri City I always (immediately) coat the backside with brush on undercoat. The majority of bumper corrosion starts on the backside because that's where all the road salts, dirt, water, etc hits as the wheels rotate.

Tri-City Plating Co. Inc.

Treblig
thanks very much guys, yes the bumpers I have indeed rusted through from back. I will contact TRI-CITY to see how viable it is to get them shipped here. I will post pictures when car is all back together. thanks again Richie

Welcome to the forum, I also have bought from Tri-city in the past and had good results.

-
Back