Newer Challenger/Charger forums

-

Mojoe9955

Reaction score
I'm looking for a forum like A and B bodies only for later model Challengers and Chargers.
I joined Challenger Talk and some others that seem to be affiliated. Not to hate but honestly there is not much there.

for later model Challengers and Chargers.
I joined Challenger Talk and some others that seem to be affiliated. Not to hate but honestly there is not much there.
Or is it that there is not much there with modern Challengers / Chargers:poke::lol:

JUST A JOKE>>>>> I like the modern Challenger

Honestly, no forum can match fabo

Thats why when i run into brand X issues, I still run it by you guys

I like ChallengerTalk, but it certainly isn’t the same as FABO. Just not the need for the level of tech knowledge needed since most of the performance is already there. But there is a thread where a guy built a Hellcat swap starting with a 2010 Challenger V6 car, or something similar. And if you want to hack the BCM there is some good info.

Might try lxforums.com, they used to have some pretty savvy people and some cutting edge stuff.

Really not much out there. I have a 2013 Challenger since it was new. It's been super reliable but after 10 years of spirited use it needs a needs a few things repaired and replaced.
It's never been "modded" or "tuned" and since it needs a front bumper cover which was ripped off in an unfortunate encounter with a piece of rebar and parking bollard, as well as some minor nicks, dents and scrapes so I'm thinking of painting the car. And even though I'm on my 4th set of tires I've always wanted some thing different than the stock 5 spoke wheels but never want to spring for aftermarket, but since a lot of guys go aftermarket right away, there seem to be lots of later model used stock "Hellcat" wheel choices that are for sale at a reasonable price. It needs some suspension work, 1 bad coil pack, and it still has the original exhaust, so it's like a "while I'm at it, might as well" kind of thing. I pretty much know what know where I want to go, but need a place to bounce ideas off the wall.

FABO is one of the few remaining forums that are still active and growing, majority of people shifted over to Facebook groups which I find mostly useless. Way too many "Uncle's 440 Hemi Chrysler Fury" jerkoffs.

FABO is one of the few remaining forums that are still active and growing, majority of people shifted over to Facebook groups which I find mostly useless. Way too many "Uncle's 440 Hemi Chrysler Fury" jerkoffs.

Don’t really like the Facebook groups. Belong to a few, but doesn’t doesn’t work well in my opinion.

Been cruising lxforum.com a little recently and found some interesting stuff there. How to take apart the Brembo calipers on a Scat Pack, even an 8 piston swap for the LX/LC cars. Might not be the same as FABO, but they seem to be similar.

Best forum on the internet!
Right!

I asked this question on a Ford forum and waited 3 days...no answer

Then I posted it here, and 20 minutes later I know what I wanted

Don’t really like the Facebook groups. Belong to a few, but doesn’t doesn’t work well in my opinion.

Been cruising lxforum.com a little recently and found some interesting stuff there. How to take apart the Brembo calipers on a Scat Pack, even an 8 piston swap for the LX/LC cars. Might not be the same as FABO, but they seem to be similar.
FB groups are the new norm, sucks you have to scroll through tons of BS to find an answer that has any substance to it. Plenty of parts for sale, and way too much "what tires can I fit" posts. There are tons of Challengers and Chargers out there, so whatever you need is right around the corner, so you speak. I'll have to check out lxforum.com, may have been there when I owned the '12 Charger. I'm very happy with my '20 Scatpack Widebody, just waiting to drive it, damn winter.

I'm very happy with my '20 Scatpack Widebody, just waiting to drive it, damn winter.

I wanted a wide body in a bad way. Decided I didn’t want the payment even more and committed to a 5.7/T56 swap in my Duster. Even working on a swap to use the 14.2 rotors and 4 piston calipers from the Scat Pack. :)

I wanted a wide body in a bad way. Decided I didn’t want the payment even more and committed to a 5.7/T56 swap in my Duster. Even working on a swap to use the 14.2 rotors and 4 piston calipers from the Scat Pack. :)
The payment is not what I wanted, but I wanted one of these cars, and decided it was now or never. I'll have to wait a year to dump money into the old cars, but they gave a cache of parts I can clean/refurbish/install until then. And having the fleet of oldies will keep the miles off the new one. Hopefully I can add on to my garage within three years, more cars at home!

The payment is not what I wanted, but I wanted one of these cars, and decided it was now or never. I'll have to wait a year to dump money into the old cars, but they gave a cache of parts I can clean/refurbish/install until then. And having the fleet of oldies will keep the miles off the new one. Hopefully I can add on to my garage within three years, more cars at home!

No argument, now or never and totally worth it. Loved my R/T, wish I hadn’t sold it, and I am certain a Scat Pack Widebody is head and shoulders above that.

Parking was another reason I dropped the idea. Room to park the Duster and the wife’s car but no more than that right now. Someday I will have a two post lift, but even then one of them would have been outside most of the time.

Parking was another reason I dropped the idea.
I'm lucky with my storage situation, two units hold six vehicles and plenty of parts, for a dirt cheap monthly rate. That's always been a battle with me and cars.

That Duster will be fun as hell when you're done!

I'm lucky with my storage situation, two units hold six vehicles and plenty of parts, for a dirt cheap monthly rate. That's always been a battle with me and cars.

Nice!

I'm probably lucky that I've never had much storage. Finally built a garage couple of years ago, but before that everything sat outside. If I had more storage though, pretty sure I would have several cars in the wings and never get much done on my Duster. I have the sickness, but life has kept me simple. :)

That Duster will be fun as hell when you're done!

Loved my Challenger, fastest car I ever owned and it was just a 5.7. Losing 400 to 600 pounds and adding a 6.4 cam and intake should make the Duster even faster. And with the T56 and 3.55 gears it will cruise at virtually the same RPM's. Really looking forward to it!

When I had my R/T I had plans for several upgrades. I was going to add the 6.4 cam/intake/exhaust, I wanted bigger brakes (Brembo's preferably), wider tires and better seats. Waffled back and forth over doing that or just upgrading to a Scat Pack, and then sold it to get rid of the payment. Funny thing is, my current plans for my Duster include every one of those things with the minor change of Holley swap headers instead of the 6.4 exhaust manifolds. Didn't intentionally move the list over, just kind of happened.

I joined ChallengerTalk in 2014 when the Wife and I were looking to buy the redesigned 2015 Challenger.
Back then, it was great for learning the factory build processes, the way to special order the car and how long it took to get delivered.
The tech aspects of the site are far different than on a classic car forum. There are no issues of finding parts, rust repair or many of the things we encounter when resurrecting a long dormant car. Their tech often revolves around tuning what is already there, adding stripes, emission legal mufflers, wheels and tires, etc.

The problem with the new Challengers, and I have a 2010 SRT, is that you really can't fix anything unless you have a big dollar computer. Everything is now computer controlled so if it's broke there's almost no way to fix it. Even changing tire sizes is a problem for the computer. I do admit they are good looking and run great, but I only have about 14,000 miles on mine.

The problem with the new Challengers, and I have a 2010 SRT, is that you really can't fix anything unless you have a big dollar computer. Everything is now computer controlled so if it's broke there's almost no way to fix it. Even changing tire sizes is a problem for the computer. I do admit they are good looking and run great, but I only have about 14,000 miles on mine.

I bought a $100 OBD2 port scanner and a $50 copy of AphaOBD and was able to add an 8.4 screen to my 2015 R/T and turn on the Performance Pages. Almost certain it can change tire sizes as well. In some ways, it is pretty easy. But there are things that are not available, too. Like turning on the shift light on an R/T, seems the code is SP or SRT only.

And there are something far easier to add with a new car. Buy a Tazer and add line lock just by plugging it in.

I've enjoyed some of the builds on ChallengerTalk where a guy buys a wrecked car and rebuilds it. So there is some of that kind of stuff there.

The one that was over the top (to me) was the guy that converted a 2010 v6 into a 2015+ Hellcat. Whole bunch of work, but proved it isn't impossible. There is one on there where a guy swap all the parts off a Scat Pack into a V6 car as well. More of a bolt to bolt swap, but still pretty cool (to me).

I'm looking to see if a 2015/2022 Hellcat bumper will work on the front of my car. Still not sure if it will work, as no one had an answer.
Seems like the basic fenders and hood are the same so it should work work. The bumper cover, grills are different and even deleted in cases depending on the model. I found a 2022 Hellcat setup that I think has everything and hope all I'll are the correct headlights and factory headlight harness repair kit to splice into mine to make it work.
I found this information without the help of Challenger Talk as mostly everyone there was more concerned about the correct "badging" when making a swap like this.

Last edited:
I'm looking to see if a 2015/2022 Hellcat bumper on the front of my car. Still not sure if it will work, as no one had an answer, they were mostly concerned with the "badging"
Seems like the basic fenders and hood are the same so it should work work. The bumper cover, grills are different and even deleted in cases depending on the model. I found a 2022 Hellcat set up that has everything, I hope all I'll are the correct headlights and factory headlight harness repair kit to splice into mind to make it work.
I found this information without the help of Challenger Talk as mostly everyone there was concerned about making a swap like this was the correct "badging"
I was looking at doing the same thing on my '12 SXT, making it look like an SRT. Car had no badging, so only the wheels would have given it away.

ive been on a few of the newer mopar forums, trying to see if my wife's pursuit charger came prewired for a back up cam, and what would all be needed to install one, but not a whole lot of info out there

20220210_161221.jpg
September 2005 I bought this with factory rebate and employee pricing for $14,388. It is 3.7 V6, 6 speed AC, carpet, had chrome grille and bumpers, 17 wheels. I thought I would lower it a little and put aftermarket wheels on it. I didn't like the quality of after market lowering kits so I looked at SRT suspension. Plenty of parts were available because lots of trucks were being crashed. I was on DodgeTalk at the time and got some advice and ended up giving a lot of advice on SRT parts swapping. By 2007, I had swapped in a complete front suspension with the 15" brakes, complete rear Dana 60 4.56 with the 14" brakes, all the body panels, hood, grille with block off panels, front bumper cover with belly pan and brake cooling ducts, aluminum SRT bed cover, leather SRT seats, and the SRT gauge cluster. A DodgeTalk member told me where to send my SRT gauges to have my VIN and mileage programmed in so all the gauges work properly, even the tach. I love it. And changing that 9.25" 3.21 rear for the D60 4.56 brought my little 3.7 to life. Gets 16mpg around town and 20mpg running 70 and 80mph on the interstate.

View attachment 1716046046September 2005 I bought this with factory rebate and employee pricing for $14,388. It is 3.7 V6, 6 speed AC, carpet, had chrome grille and bumpers, 17 wheels. I thought I would lower it a little and put aftermarket wheels on it. I didn't like the quality of after market lowering kits so I looked at SRT suspension. Plenty of parts were available because lots of trucks were being crashed. I was on DodgeTalk at the time and got some advice and ended up giving a lot of advice on SRT parts swapping. By 2007, I had swapped in a complete front suspension with the 15" brakes, complete rear Dana 60 4.56 with the 14" brakes, all the body panels, hood, grille with block off panels, front bumper cover with belly pan and brake cooling ducts, aluminum SRT bed cover, leather SRT seats, and the SRT gauge cluster. A DodgeTalk member told me where to send my SRT gauges to have my VIN and mileage programmed in so all the gauges work properly, even the tach. I love it. And changing that 9.25" 3.21 rear for the D60 4.56 brought my little 3.7 to life. Gets 16mpg around town and 20mpg running 70 and 80mph on the interstate.
Sharp looking truck!

Sometimes you get lucky! After searching Amazon, eBay, and FB market place for 5 months, I finally got what I was looking for. Brand new fully assembled and painted with all the attachments ready to install 2022 Hellcat bumper off a new car...not stolen either. I found this on FB market place for $800...a steal compared to cheap *** kits, used damaged junk, that need repairs, parts and pieces that have to be painted and assembled.
I will need to get new headlight's and a repair harness as the 2015/2022 headlights are different then the 2009/2014. I could modify the newer grill to fit the old headlights, but it wouldn't look right and even after an $450 or I'm still coming out ahead.

20230211_084313.jpg

20230211_084252.jpg

20230211_084449.jpg

-
Back