"Next Victim"

-
Oh yeah....I remember Bob well.

Bob used to bust my balls relentlessly about being (raised) Catholic (in those days, Catholics were not suppose to eat meat on Fridays...so we ate a lot of fish sticks)......and wink at my buddy ......the laugh was on Bob though when he learned at my buddys funeral in '78 that he was Catholic also.....and a far more devout Christian than I was at that time. I think when you know you are dying (cancer) , you develop a very close relationship to your God.

He came up to me with a worried look on his face exclaiming " I didn't know the boy was Catholic too.......you guys NEVER said anything to me....you guys just let me go on...and on".

Bob was a source of a lot of laughs.... RIP Bob and Wally.....and Bob, thanks for the grins.....Wally, thanks for the friendship.
Yes, those were some good times!! Really do miss Wally, Bob, & Danny Frankert. Never will forget the day down at Kenton ( I think) when Danny got his Bumper ripped off his truck tryin to pull that tree stump out of the way!! Way to funny at the time!! To me, not Dan!!

look a-likes

they are sweet!

Bitchin'!

attachment.jpg

Bro John posted a pic of the set he bought for the silver Duster on its build thread (post #3986)......this one will more than likely get an anodized version.

Bro John posted a pic of the set he bought for the silver Duster on its build thread (post #3986)......this one will more than likely get an anodized version.

Those are cool and A LOT cheaper than the real deal, for sure. Gonna give them a Dow 7 style coating? There is a spray can color close to it but it's hard to get it exact, that kinda greenish/gray/bronze.

I love Fentons myself, have a set of 15 x 3.5 for a rainy day.

An acquaintance of mine was reproducing Super Tricks in a forged single piece design but he stopped for some reason and is out of the wheel business. They were nice wheels too, probably just too expensive, like $800/pair.

I would also like to see someone reproduce Keystone front runners like S/M used to run.

Wheels really make the car! You can't really get away with a compromise in that regard, just ruins the whole thing when you choose the wrong wheel. Happens more than not too.

I don't know how I over look this build. Just read every post, Very cool.

A guy (Dave) here owns Herb McCandless Duster, there is so many modification done on this car.(like the raised floor) Herb told Dave at the track they would never park next to another Duster. Did not want any body to pick up on all the modifications.

Those are cool and A LOT cheaper than the real deal, for sure. Gonna give them a Dow 7 style coating? There is a spray can color close to it but it's hard to get it exact, that kinda greenish/gray/bronze.
Yes! What is the name of that stuff?

I love Fentons myself, have a set of 15 x 3.5 for a rainy day.
I just sold a pair of perfect 15 x 3.5 Fenton Gyros.

An acquaintance of mine was reproducing Super Tricks in a forged single piece design but he stopped for some reason and is out of the wheel business. They were nice wheels too, probably just too expensive, like $800/pair.
That guy from TRICK WHEELS? He and I were emailing all through the pre-production and then he just disappeared. I wanted his Motor Wheel Fly and Flea replicas.

I would also like to see someone reproduce Keystone front runners like S/M used to run.
Keystone and Cragar (same company now) should make some new 15x 3.5's

Wheels really make the car! You can't really get away with a compromise in that regard, just ruins the whole thing when you choose the wrong wheel. Happens more than not too.
The wheels are the jewelry of the car.

Shop%2004-30-2015%20034_zpsoi24grda.jpg

That guy from TRICK WHEELS? He and I were emailing all through the pre-production and then he just disappeared. I wanted his Motor Wheel Fly and Flea replicas.

Sorry I missed the replies here, not sure why it didn't come up in my subscriptions. Looks like we are on the same page.

The paint is Rustoleum #7274 Antique Brass metallic. Got the suggestion from Bob Mosher. I used to have a '65 Bel 1 post car and I talked to him a few times. I actually had a set of real-deal 1964 casting magnesium American Racing front runners. I called him once asking about Dow 7 for them, just figured he might know where to get it done but he didn't know. He uses aluminum repros. Those mags were alive! You had to keep them oiled in baggies sealed off from air. Sold 'em a few years ago for double what I paid for 'em. Kinda wish I still had 'em though.

So yeah, my 'friend' was the guy doing Trick Wheels. He lives right up the street from Mosher's in Monrovia. I've known him for a while now through buying stuff from him for my old Belvedere. I was involved in a webpage he had where we uploaded stories and features that never went anywhere. He's done all sorts of things over the years - made A990 seat brackets, engine stands, the wheels, has had all sorts of cars, used to be a magazine editor, tried to make a movie, worked for Joe Amato way back when, was on Shark Tank... now he is doing vintage dune buggy stuff. Went out to California recently and made it a point to get in touch with him to hang out and he blew me off. Nice guy but a flaky dude. Not sure what happened with the wheels. I think they were too expensive to make and to buy.

Anyway, those new wheels on the Duster are in fact jewelry. Nice!

BTW, I had to stick up for Denny on Bangshift today. They had a feature about the Ebay ad that's been up for months now for the green Duster that the guy ruined. The way they described the car in the ad, they didn't really get the idea of the build and had some misinformation in the article. I tried to set them straight in the comments. :D

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/this-1973-hemi-powered-duster-was-owner-built-goes-like-hell-and-looks-factory-fresh/#comments"]Here[/URL].

thanks for the Bangshift back-up....can't wait to look it over.

progress update......

thanks to the FABO guys for keeping me busy with K members and new products.....of course that means the brown car in on idle.....as soon as I get a breather, the nose is coming off....getting blasted and everything goes to the welder for re-install in a slightly different configuration.

The idle time does allow for a lot of planning.

I will have Bro John post some show and tell pics.

I keep on my welder to make me a spot in his shop ASAP.

nice job on Bangshift......couldn't of said it better myself....YOU get it.

That car is PERFECT! Nice work on the bumpers....

This baby got pushed back due to several other builds and updates....from the California Flash restoration, to a house rehab, new shop, and k frame packages.

The Duster shell is in storage until the shop is completed in a couple of months.......the build goes on in my mind and I still talk a good game.

I love every minute of all the action, but I'm a one man band....other than Scruffs,

-
Back