NHL Playoffs 2023

-
Sorry, I didnt mean to come off as "you're wrong". Its remarkable to think how many Leafs have had Playoff suspensions. Bunting is chippy, but too theatrical. Served a lot of "embellishment" penalties last year.
That penalty was flat out retarded( yes that's how bad it was).
Be chippy, be a pest but dont be an idiot. More effective when you're up a man instead of the PB.
Ryan Oreilly or Giordano should be pulling Bunting aside and giving him the "what for".
Lol, love your hockey story. I've always loved the game, but was an ankle burner and didnt play long lol.
Would love to see Jets beatdown on Vegas....The way Vegas treated Fluery and Gerard Gallant, that mgmt deserves no success at all.
Leafs up tonight....for now... :BangHead:
Be well, again sorry Bunting will be back for game 5 and get a hat trick :rolleyes:
Well I guess I should have used the correct wording! Hah! While Bunting certainly does not show up as a league high scoring machine those kind of guys have a serious impact on the enthusiasm and grit of the Team. Some impact ya just can’t measure. I never made the roster because I was the best or fastest skater. So obviously I have a Bias! Hah! i Love Marchand, Domi is my hero, I would take Chelly in a minute, the list goes on and on. My very first practice when I played up I took a shot on net and the Coach immediately blows the play down and screams at me asking what I was doing. I replied trying to put the puck in the net Coach? He responded “ I drafted YOU to make sure HE (points to fast winger) puts the puck in the net! Using a vocabulary and adjectives you can only hear on the ice! I will rephrase….Buntings enthusiasm and chipping will be sorely missed! I stand corrected! Go Jets! Although I am really liking the kid in net for the Panthers. I may become a closet Panther fan! Great time of year! Go Jets!

Sorry, I didnt mean to come off as "you're wrong". Its remarkable to think how many Leafs have had Playoff suspensions. Bunting is chippy, but too theatrical. Served a lot of "embellishment" penalties last year.
That penalty was flat out retarded( yes that's how bad it was).
Be chippy, be a pest but dont be an idiot. More effective when you're up a man instead of the PB.
Ryan Oreilly or Giordano should be pulling Bunting aside and giving him the "what for".
Lol, love your hockey story. I've always loved the game, but was an ankle burner and didnt play long lol.
Would love to see Jets beatdown on Vegas....The way Vegas treated Fluery and Gerard Gallant, that mgmt deserves no success at all.
Leafs up tonight....for now... :BangHead:
Be well, again sorry Bunting will be back for game 5 and get a hat trick :rolleyes:
Hah! No worries. Agreed his (Buntings) hit was moronic. Leafs are bringing it tonight! I am just thrilled we can talk hockey on a car site. I played my first real game in Mississauga but nobody down here knows where that is so I always just say Toronto! Having played so much hockey in Canada and living on the border between our two countries most of my life I think I am a hybrid! I was fortunate enough to watch the last game in the old stadium between the Leafs and the Habs. And yes I miss Grapes! Love him or hate him he was passionate! Hockey night was/is a ritual in our house. Hockey is still the best sport on the planet!

803935E1-4FA7-4A4B-8BD6-975DE08FDE95.jpeg

Hah! No worries. Agreed his (Buntings) hit was moronic. Leafs are bringing it tonight! I am just thrilled we can talk hockey on a car site. I played my first real game in Mississauga but nobody down here knows where that is so I always just say Toronto! Having played so much hockey in Canada and living on the border between our two countries most of my life I think I am a hybrid! I was fortunate enough to watch the last game in the old stadium between the Leafs and the Habs. And yes I miss Grapes! Love him or hate him he was passionate! Hockey night was/is a ritual in our house. Hockey is still the best sport on the planet!

View attachment 1716080585
We need to make you an honorary Canadian!
I played defense as a kid for couple years, but growing fast and needing new equipment every year was something my parents could not afford. I spent a lot of time playing pick up games, no contact or slapshots, and beer league for a few years, still my favorite sport.

How about FL smacking down Boston in OT

Didn't really see that coming.

Didn't see any of the games last night.

Very stressful, tedious all day training at work.

Was asleep before 7:30 !!

How about FL smacking down Boston in OT

Didn't really see that coming.
Panthers are one of the few teams in the league that played well against the Bruins this year. Bergeron was out too.

My Rangers with another solid win. We have outscored the Devils 10-2 over the first two games. Our PP is rolling right now.

We need to make you an honorary Canadian!
I played defense as a kid for couple years, but growing fast and needing new equipment every year was something my parents could not afford. I spent a lot of time playing pick up games, no contact or slapshots, and beer league for a few years, still my favorite sport.
Yep those that have seen me in person know instantly I was not built for speed! Hah! A lifelong weight lifter, in hockey speak we call it “ he is heavy on his skates” translated very difficult to knock down. I was blessed to become a long time Captain as a defenseman. Yet another bias of mine as I think clearly defense wins games and quarterbacks teams! Hah! No bias here! Pregame I would give the mandatory speech about staying out of the box and not doing anything stupid. But somehow I always ended up in the box! I volunteered at an annual tournament that my sisters boys played in and they would always make me work the box. My sister told them I had lots of experience!

Panthers are one of the few teams in the league that played well against the Bruins this year. Bergeron was out too.

My Rangers with another solid win. We have outscored the Devils 10-2 over the first two games. Our PP is rolling right now.
I am really enjoying that series, I have watched every minute of it. A lot of intensity there.

FL has been on the brink of being something for a couple of years now.

Of course my scenario would be to have the Panthers dispatch Bos, so we don't have to.

TBL vs Bos favors Bos.

TBL vs Fla slightly favors TBL.

FL has been on the brink of being something for a couple of years now.

Of course my scenario would be to have the Panthers dispatch Bos, so we don't have to.

TBL vs Bos favors Bos.

TBL vs Fla slightly favors TBL.
Your goalie is playing like the third monkey on the ramp to the Arc! He is very athletic. I fear the more exposure he gets, the more tape they get on him, will expose his extreme mobility as a point of exploitation. But man I like watching him play!

You'd think after the last 4-5 seasons, anyone who wants it would have all the tape they need on #88

I am really enjoying that series, I have watched every minute of it. A lot of intensity there.
Honestly, they've had our number more times than I care to admit. They've always played a very defensive style by clogging the neutral zone but we seem to have found a way through it this time. I'm sure they will make adjustments to try and find more offense but their backs are definitely against the wall. Our skill level is pretty high right now and we're hitting too. You could feel the momentum change when we tied the score at 1-1, we were on our heels for most of the first period then we kind of took over the rest of the game.

I never like to gloat with this team, they've been so fragile in the past. They show promise but always seem to come up short or run out of gas.

Jets got off to a solid start, picking up where they left off in game 1, outshooting VGK 17 to 8 in the first period, and leading 1-0. Coming up empty on a 4 on 3 late in the period clearly shifted momentum to Vegas, plus Brossoit making some timely saves turned the tide.
Brossoit was Hellebuyck's back up for 3 seasons, so he has seen and learned what it takes. Still looking forward to a great series, 7 games wouldn't be a surprise.

Wild looked decent game 3. Might have put Stars in a must road win. Love to see Wild put down Stars in 5 games. Sunday's game may be pivotal. Or beginning of the end to Dallas' season.

Go Wild!

That game was the reason they got Ryan Oreilly. Scores with next to no time left. Blocks a couple shots near end of regulation and then wins faceoff in ot.
Love how they didnt back down from TB. Morgan Reilly hit on Pointe was clean. Loved how it went from a 5 min major to a powerplay for Leafs.
How about them Leafs Steve! :thumbsup:

Lol, like Keefe said, in previous years they would have lost that game.
Fitting that Reilly scores game winner. :thumbsup:
Love.how Kraken came back in 2nd.
Minnie?? Hate saying it but Fleury needs to ride the pine.

One more thing for the refs.....PICK UP THE FU**IN HOCKEY STICKS.
I have watched for years those lazy pricks ignoring broken sticks...

That game was the reason they got Ryan Oreilly. Scores with next to no time left. Blocks a couple shots near end of regulation and then wins faceoff in ot.
Love how they didnt back down from TB. Morgan Reilly hit on Pointe was clean. Loved how it went from a 5 min major to a powerplay for Leafs.
O Reilly blocked shots all night long, you could argue his performance last night was MVP of series type play. The melee After the Pointe hit (totally legal and clean) was epic! Great game!

These playoffs and last years has had some good fights and intensity. Love seeing that in playoff hockey.
O Reilly blocked shots all night long, you could argue his performance last night was MVP of series type play. The melee After the Pointe hit (totally legal and clean) was epic! Great game!

He might be adopting a quiet mode so as not to break the mojo! You know how it goes when you win a pivotal game, next game you eat the same meals, sleep the same, and wear the same clothes. Hockey Gods are a fickle bunch! Hah!
I don't believe in superstition!

It's bad luck!

I'm still bitter of the snake Norm Green sneaking the MN North Stars out of town to Dallas in 1993.

Norm Green may have been the *****. But the city of Dallas was the John.

GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back