NHRA (IHRA?) stock eliminator - Fees? for 23.47 Weight break ??

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is it now...
  • NHRA annual membership fee ?
  • Safety equipment the same as normal bracket racing ??
  • Any other fees ??
  • Requirements, such as having to meet at events or such?
  • IHRA still in stock eliminator ??

M/SA and above (faster) you need fire jacket and pants.

If you want a trunk mounted battery need to have the same size battery in front. Otherwise no trunk battery.

weight box in back. If over a certain amount of ballast weight needs to be added it has to be secured to the frame. (100 lbs?).

@GTX JOHN is the man here for accurate and current info.

2017 was the last year IHRA had Stock Eliminator or any other classes similar to NHRA (i.e.: Super Stock, 3 different .90 classes, etc.)

An NHRA rule book and research on their site will answer most questions. Then it will be easier to answer any remaining questions.

ClassRacer.com forum is a good source of info and Q&A.

ClassRacerInfo.com is a related good source of info and provides tools to figure out what classes a particular combo will fit.

2017 was the last year IHRA had Stock Eliminator or any other classes similar to NHRA (i.e.: Super Stock, 3 different .90 classes, etc.)

An NHRA rule book and research on their site will answer most questions. Then it will be easier to answer any remaining questions.

ClassRacer.com forum is a good source of info and Q&A.

ClassRacerInfo.com is a related good source of info and provides tools to figure out what classes a particular combo will fit.
Thanks! I've visited most of that, but some of it is vague. Some of my questions are probably tribal knowledge and if you've not played the game, you just don't know.
Can you just show up with a car and say "I'm entering Stocker class today".... ? Or, do you have to have a NHRA number and membership ?? These are the type of questions that's assumed you might already know.
Some of the basics like the cam lift and no porting I already know.

You need a membership and a stock eliminator competition number.

You can show up at a division race, national open, or an association combo race.
NOTE; check with the racetrack ahead of time, some have online entry only because of Covid.

you have to have grade points (from the previous year) and pre enter for a national event.

You need the heater controls in the dash. Door panels, most of the dash. Can remove all the wiper and heater system. Can remove back seat if a rollbar in the car, must have back seat of no bar. You cannot be gutting the car like you see bracket guys doing. Need some finesse about it.

Thanks! I've visited most of that, but some of it is vague. Some of my questions are probably tribal knowledge and if you've not played the game, you just don't know.
Can you just show up with a car and say "I'm entering Stocker class today".... ? Or, do you have to have a NHRA number and membership ?? These are the type of questions that's assumed you might already know.
Some of the basics like the cam lift and no porting I already know.
YOu will need to have a car that fits in a class, and know what class that is, have a legal car, that car will be weighed, you will need to run the correct fuel, no pump gas, and you will need to run faster than your index. if you cannot not, that index number will be your dial in. check out Class Racer Info

A weight break of 23.47 puts the vehicle in V/S or V/SA.
The indexes are 15.25 for V/S and 15.50 for V/SA.

V covers 22.00-23.99 lbs/factored HP.

The minimum weight in V, with driver, for a car/truck that has an engine factored at 170hp is 3910.

Last edited:
A weight break of 23.47 puts the vehicle in V/S or V/SA.
The indexes are 15.25 for V/S and 15.50 for V/SA.

V covers 22.00-23.99 lbs/factored HP.

The minimum weight in V, with driver, for a car/truck that has an engine factored at 170hp is 3910.
1973 Plymouth Fury III. 360 2bbl. Another thing, is the 170 the 2bbl or is the thermoquad allowed here... ??

Just look up the factored hp and blueprint specs for the combo you’re considering.
I looked on the chart I found and it listed 3990 for weight and 170 hp. I couldn't find specifics if that was a 4bbl engine or 2bbl.

Looks like you didn’t comprehend the weight break or go to the bottom of the column on the classification guide.
The 170hp 360 is factored to 250hp, and the weight break is in the upper 15’s.

Auto only for that car, and the index of O/SA is 13.15.
Min weight with driver of 3920.

• 6452A Holley or 6575A Holley
  • 9.02 CR.
  • 64.7 cc head
  • max.425/.426 lift with .032 gasket

Looks like you didn’t comprehend the weight break or go to the bottom of the column on the classification guide.
The 170hp 360 is factored to 250hp, and the weight break is in the upper 15’s.
15.96 is what I see ?? Index 13.50 ?

To run in P, you’d have to add a little weight to get past the 16.00 weight break.
The weight break is without driver.
Add 170 to that number, which is the minimum you’d have to weigh on the scales.
16.00 x 250 = 4000 + 170 = 4170 min weight in P

The 170 doesn’t mean anything. The weight break is based on the factored hp, which for that combo is 250.

15.96 is the bottom of O.
You can remove up to like 200lbs to get closer to the top of the class, or add weight to get to the top of the next slower class.
The top of O would be:
250 x 15 = 3750 + 170 = 3920
That’s more weight than you’re allowed to remove, but if you took off what was allowed you’d be a lot closer to the top of the class.

To run in P, you’d have to add a little weight to get past the 16.00 weight break.
The weight break is without driver.
Add 170 to that number, which is the minimum you’d have to weigh on the scales.
16.00 x 250 = 4000 + 170 = 4170 min weight in P
so 4170 without me ? With me we are at almost 4400

15.96 is the bottom of O.
You can remove up to like 200lbs to get closer to the top of the class, or add weight to get to the top of the next slower class.
The top of O would be:
250 x 15 = 3750 + 170 = 3920
That’s more weight than you’re allowed to remove, but if you took off what was allowed you’d be a lot closer to the top of the class.
So P would make the most sense. 13.45 index

-
Back