NHRA winners.

-

perfacar

Reaction score
larry gilley wins stock , with 340 69 dart. 10.62 2 120 mph. heads up in final. hmm no stroker either!! congrats

Well strokers are not allowed in stock. Has to have a factory cast heads, intake and carb as well. Cam has to be a spec NHRA lift other than that its fair game. Was a close heads up race too, nice to see in the final. There were several Mopars in E S/A, darts, dusters, and a 383 challenger.

Enjoyed seeing the TV coverage of the final run in Stock Eliminator as well.
Great to see an A-body win!
Can't wait to finally finish my '69 Dart build.

larry gilley wins stock , with 340 69 dart. 10.62 2 120 mph. heads up in final. hmm no stroker either!! congrats

Congrats to Larry on the win.

That's not you average home built 340. There's probably not a lot of guys in the country that can build the kind of power it takes to run those numbers with a stock stroke 340 and pass tech for the class.

Last edited:
Well strokers are not allowed in stock. Has to have a factory cast heads, intake and carb as well. Cam has to be a spec NHRA lift other than that its fair game. Was a close heads up race too, nice to see in the final. There were several Mopars in E S/A, darts, dusters, and a 383 challenger.
Test Question...Stock class, ES/A...Are you allowed a "trans-brake? I watched some videos of that car launching, wheel stand and all. Damn decent car!

Intake is a LD340....Rocker are T&D roller... Cam lift is .480 with about 260 degrees at .050.......yes stock...lol

Solid lifter may replace hydraulic. Flat tappet may not be replaced with roller. Lift checked at valve retainer, with zero lash.

yes....lift is .462/.473

Edelbrock aluminum heads are legal also..

I have seen LD340s without the factory part number on them....be send off and the intake comes back with the park number on it....I have seen LD340 cut open and ported and weld back together so good...you could not tell then had been cut open....yes...STOCK...LOL

yes I know that!! I'm not a moron!!! I run stock elim. have since 1978. was tongue in cheek, as most guys have to have a stroker to even try to go that fast.

I love the stockers and super stockers. Or as Alan Reinhart calls them, “those wild and wacky wheelstanders”!

yes I know that!! I'm not a moron!!! I run stock elim. have since 1978. was tongue in cheek, as most guys have to have a stroker to even try to go that fast.

Our stock stroke 360 in 71 Dart has gone 10.31....Our stock stroke 360 in 71 Duster has gone 10.64....and our stock stroke 360 in a 71 Demon has gone 10.66...The Dart and Duster times were at Bakersfield...the Demon was in That wonderful air of Las Vegas.

Probably all 3 engines combine cost less then one stocker engine...

I don't know if there ever could be a true "stock" class. No way to stop somebody from cheating, especially if money is no objection. That is why the rules allow changes to be made, because racers are going to cheat in those areas anyways.

Look at the F.A.S.T. racers. They started as "suppose to be factory stock on factory stock type tires". Couldn't stop the cheaters, so they opened up to "anything goes as long as it looks factory stock"... LOL.

Still, some impressive numbers being put out by both classes...... I mean, when somebody dips into the 9's with an all steel B-body with exhaust manifolds, full exhaust and redline tires, that's pretty impressive!

The Ritter block is also legal .Eddy head legal but valve stem size needs to changed to 3/8 stem

where was i criticizing you, but i guess you got your feelings hurt?

022-1969-dodge-dart-340-nhra-winternationals.jpg

Nuff said.

-
Back