nhra

-

aaronk785

Reaction score
Watched a video of 1970 nhra race. It was awesome. Pro stock was actually cars you could recognize. Looked like a lot more fuel cars trying to qualify. Looked like normal people towing there fuel cars with pick ups. This was before it became a big money sport. I tried to watch nhra race and it was so boring. Pro stock cars are template bodies and nothing close to stock what so ever. I still enjoy the fuel cars but pro stock was always my favorite. No scoops and fuel injection killed for me. I don't know what the answer is but stock bodies and factory block would be cool. An if the ls motor rules so be it. They had no problem penalizing the hemi back then to even the playing field so why not the ls motor. OK I'm done bitching. Any other suggestions.

I agree with the 1320, 1000' don't get it, 1/8 is a joke, just my opinion.

i can't be bothered watching drag racing on tv.. so damn boring.. taking my car to the track is fun, watching it in person is fun at times too.. but on tv just blows.

I couldn't agree more . nhra has become like nascar , a big money circus . Three second fuel cars are a joke . Now it's nitro Hardley-Ableson but Pro-Mods are not included . I don't get it. No one can tell the difference from a 3 second car or a 4 second car but nhra won't slow them down . Nostalgia is big right now as well as NMCA/MNRA , PDRA . Lights Out 8 proved it . 500 race cars competing for $40,000 in prize money AND livestreamed for FREE . What a novel concept . Corporate America would never go for it . 632 Outlaw , 10.5 Outlaw, x275 and Nostalgia Super Stocks fill the grandstands at $12 a head and $10 to park . I live in New England and I can't believe the southern style of drag racing . WOW, they know to put on a show . The track operators up here are too anal retentive . Lets support doorslammer racing

I tape all the races and watch the day after only class worth watching is prostock and its far from dead(except for the Mopars)don't bothering watching the fuel cars 1000 feet ain't racing to me just like the 1/8 mile being half a race..

NHRA should re-name Pro Stock to Pro CAMARO. Just like in the past, the rule book is re written to the sponsor with the most money.........

Not to change the subject but Formula 1 wants to go driverless! WTF is that some kid playing with his joystick, They all have sensors so they don't run into each other. I can't believe the world of pansies are coming.

There's talk of basically reinventing Pro Stock with the current performance cars and very restricted modifications. This would bring it back to its roots of using a production car as a base so it's more relatable to the vast majority of the fans.

Pro Stock..the future?

If they want to impress me, they should have a no - electronics class for drag racing and NASCAR should run limited fuel quantities that decrease every year.

Good read 451cuda. I agree totally. I would much rather see a 7.5 pro stock if it was a factory body and factory block. I haven't been to a major nhra race in over 10 years. But I do go to street take over and no prep races. Much more exciting.

yall diss'in 1/8 drag strips need to get to a PDRA pro mod race,..200.07 mph at 3.85 is pretty good show!! id rather see 1/4 mile to but 2 1/8s close that run regular, go with what ya got...

yall diss'in 1/8 drag strips need to get to a PDRA pro mod race,..200.07 mph at 3.85 is pretty good show!! id rather see 1/4 mile to but 2 1/8s close that run regular, go with what ya got...
Yeah , 1/8 mile, good show! just like delay boxes , stutter boxes , and trans brakes. next will be the joysticks ! Ever watch a class of 139 big block chevy dragsters w/ all that crap on them ? the only diff. is the color of paint. The most boring racing I ever witnessed. Todays prostock is about the same way, just like nascar, and their one body fits all-just paint the front end and tail end to like diff. !!

Yeah , 1/8 mile, good show! just like delay boxes , stutter boxes , and trans brakes. next will be the joysticks ! Ever watch a class of 139 big block chevy dragsters w/ all that crap on them ? the only diff. is the color of paint. The most boring racing I ever witnessed. Todays prostock is about the same way, just like nascar, and their one body fits all-just paint the front end and tail end to like diff. !!

Don't let a die-hard bracket racer hear you say that...they'll say you only hate it because you suck at cutting a light.

sounds like braket race's,..not a big fan as a spectator,..but i guess those doing it enjoy it alot! rather have a 1/4 but happy to have the 1/8's...

Don't let a die-hard bracket racer hear you say that...they'll say you only hate it because you suck at cutting a light.
I haven`t raced in quite a while, but my first light is usually a .00 something footbraking. then gets worse from there, as I start trying to change things on the car (or truck) to make it go faster, and get my consentration spread on the other things, which ain`t good for bracket racing. With this car, I`ll probly be too worried about breaking it, don`t want to start over at my age !! Probly just test n tune , or mopar meet.

I haven`t raced in quite a while, but my first light is usually a .00 something footbraking. then gets worse from there, as I start trying to change things on the car (or truck) to make it go faster, and get my consentration spread on the other things, which ain`t good for bracket racing. With this car, I`ll probly be too worried about breaking it, don`t want to start over at my age !! Probly just test n tune , or mopar meet.

I'm not saying you suck at cutting a light...it's just that's the typical response.

What exactly do some of you guys want ? Run what ya brung Heads up...first to the finish line racing? Dig out your wallet cause the guy with the biggest one will always win.:steering::steering:

What exactly do some of you guys want ? Run what ya brung Heads up...first to the finish line racing? Dig out your wallet cause the guy with the biggest one will always win.:steering::steering:
not if theres rules and tech is done right, we got 2 heads up class's 6.0 and 7.49 but the brake checking is outta hand.

-
Back