Ni-Copp Brake/Fuel/Transmission line

-

Minercar

LargeDreamsSmallCapital
Reaction score
A friend just sent me some of this and wants me to double flare it for him and see how it works.

Anyone ever use it ?

The sample he sent me is 1/4" and I think it may be too large for brake line.

Has anyone else used it for brakes?

Yes I have used it many times now with great success. 1/4" is large for a brake line.

I have used it. It bends easy without kinking. It is sometimes difficult to make a good double flare with.

1/4 inch is what GM cars and trucks used to the rear brakes so no it is not too big for brake lines.

3/16 is correct /// use it all the time,just like other line//cut it square with a tubing cutter and BE BURR the inside, this is a crucial step (it centers the tube to the cone press)

I replumbed all of my front brake hard lines with the stuff. Absolutely love it. Easy to work with and very forgiving.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Subcom or Chryslerfat, If you used the 1/4" for brake lines what did you use for fittings?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Subcom or Chryslerfat, If you used the 1/4" for brake lines what did you use for fittings?
I only use it where it was factory on the GM vehicles. Mopars were 3/16 factory and I prefer not to change the factory specs when it comes to brakes.

-
Back