Nice looking 2 door Toad on ebay <not mine>

-
I don't want to step on any toes here, but to me, that is not an attractive car. I do like the early Darts and Barracudas, But I am not a fan of this Lancer.

harisonm
I said the same thing for 50 years,
but; Can you see her jacked up all around about 2 inches? And then, check out the rear wheelwell arches,lol, I see N50-15s in there, with 1.25" vertical clearance and sticking out 2 inches or more.
But it gets better:
can you see something like 275s sticking out the front fenders?
And they're still lightweights.
I've been keeping my eye out for a body in my price range, to replace my aging Barracuda. The Toad made it to the short list.
But I kindof made my mind up for a lightweight wagon.

More than a few of those “toads” got seriously worked up.

7CEFC35B-3D08-415B-ABDA-6908EDCF2E7B.jpeg

63D86E9D-E533-44BC-9D3A-BF7A46D3D4AC.jpeg

I admit I love my 62 Toad! Pretty maybe not, cool?? yes to me! And the funny thing, that Toad is my wife's first choice! GO figure!!

TOAD Lovers unite!!!!

I have to wonder IF it is possible to drop in a SB and use OEM factory exh. man. of any kind? or shorty headers, with Manual steering, and stick ( NO hydraulic clutch????

Last edited:
I don't want to step on any toes here, but to me, that is not an attractive car. I do like the early Darts and Barracudas, But I am not a fan of this Lancer.
I used to think they were ugly (in the 80s)...they've grown on me over the years...besides, I think they're the lightest weight A bodies, so make it a drag car! :)

i like em'. and don't forget they're better looking than anything GM put out. :D. these make great gassers

40523ce58a09349fcccb8983d8c1a8ef.jpg

-
Back