Nice Meet In Gray, Georgia Today

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The North Georgia Mopar Club has been extending a hand to us in middle Georgia and having monthly meets and cruises in our area. We met at the Bent Axle Grill in Gray, Georgia today. About the best turnout we've had so far. It was a pretty good time. Beautiful day, too. I should be able to get more pictures later. I parked Vixen next to a really nice 66 Barracuda with a slant 6.
BENT AXLE AUG 14.jpg

Cool! Looks like a good cross section of old Mopars. I like the name of the grill too.........Bent Axle!

That's great they are reaching down to Gray. Aren't they out of the Chamblee area?

I agree. Nice cross section of Mopars. Even a van! And of course, you have to have a Super Bird.

I like that yellow van :)
Vixan looks good in there and can tell you had a great time!

I like that yellow van :)
Vixan looks good in there and can tell you had a great time!
The yellow van belongs to my friend Charles. He's just recently bought it and got it back on the road after a lengthy time sitting up. It runs so smooth you caint tell it's runnin. The Superbird belongs to Chris, the guy that's responsible for bringing the meets here. It's a clone, but so what? It's got a 426 based Hemi of somewhere over 500 cubes and a Passon 5 speed.

The yellow van belongs to my friend Charles. He's just recently bought it and got it back on the road after a lengthy time sitting up. It runs so smooth you caint tell it's runnin. The Superbird belongs to Chris, the guy that's responsible for bringing the meets here. It's a clone, but so what? It's got a 426 based Hemi of somewhere over 500 cubes and a Passon 5 speed.
van a slant or teen ?

That's Awesome! Glad Y'all were able to do it! I may have met the bird and owner at Garlits some years ago...

Entirely possible.
The Vix looks badass tucked in there! Bet Y'all loved the ride and the company. Rainy Season every day here... the one day it didn't last week, the water baking outta the ground was sick, along with the temperature. High 90s, but the "feels like" was almost 130

Glad to see the NGMC is still active. I was one of the founding members back in 1990, grew to 150 members by the time I left Atlanta to move to Tallahassee in 1994, and kept on growing till it hit over 500. They would get 75 cars at their monthly meetings! Dropped off after that, and after almost 30 years I've pretty much lost touch.

The local Mopar club here in Tallahassee, founded in 1986, but never was anywhere near as big as the NGMC, went belly up a few years back. Someone recently has sorta started it back up, but it's all new Chargers and Challengers. Not the same. . . .

So glad to see this :thumbsup:
When I seen the superbird first thought was my friend Terry (Hippie) Sevener :thankyou: his was a real superbird and the same year and color 1970.
I know it had to be a great time and I wish I could have been there , Vixen sounds so good, and I bet everyone there loves it.
Congratulations on a good time this year, 2022 was my hopefull year to be driving my lady to fill the tank for a drive :popcorn:

Glad to see the NGMC is still active. I was one of the founding members back in 1990, grew to 150 members by the time I left Atlanta to move to Tallahassee in 1994, and kept on growing till it hit over 500. They would get 75 cars at their monthly meetings! Dropped off after that, and after almost 30 years I've pretty much lost touch.

The local Mopar club here in Tallahassee, founded in 1986, but never was anywhere near as big as the NGMC, went belly up a few years back. Someone recently has sorta started it back up, but it's all new Chargers and Challengers. Not the same. . . .
Yup. They are so active that evidently, they can form an offshoot to help us out around the center of the state......and get this. Kitty and I were two of the founding members of The Middle Georgia Mopar Club back in the early 90s. They still have a Facebook page....not much else. Chris, the guy with the Superbird sent them a message via Facebook inviting them to come be a part of what we are now doing after our first get together earlier this year. They deleted his post from their page and BLOCKED HIM. Nice, huh? LOL

I can relate. For probably a dozen years after I moved here, a group from NGMC would drive down here to attend our annual show - mostly because of me. For whatever reason, some of our club looked down their noses at the North Georgia folks and treated them like it intruders. Crap like that is one reason the North Florida Mopar Association eventually went belly up.

Some people get active in a club just so they can be big shots. They don't understand that no one has to join their club, and no one has to pay money to go to their shows, and no one will if they aren't welcomed and treated well.

Oh, well, as I said, glad to see the NGMC is still active.

I can relate. For probably a dozen years after I moved here, a group from NGMC would drive down here to attend our annual show - mostly because of me. For whatever reason, some of our club looked down their noses at the North Georgia folks and treated them like it intruders. Crap like that is one reason the North Florida Mopar Association eventually went belly up.

Some people get active in a club just so they can be big shots. They don't understand that no one has to join their club, and no one has to pay money to go to their shows, and no one will if they aren't welcomed and treated well.

Oh, well, as I said, glad to see the NGMC is still active.

I am too. Kitty and I have not officially joined yet, but we plan to probably the next meet. There are several members that make the drive from above Atlanta. That's a good little drive. We have a trip to Summit they're talking about for an upcoming future date. We'll see if that pans out.

Yup. They are so active that evidently, they can form an offshoot to help us out around the center of the state......and get this. Kitty and I were two of the founding members of The Middle Georgia Mopar Club back in the early 90s. They still have a Facebook page....not much else. Chris, the guy with the Superbird sent them a message via Facebook inviting them to come be a part of what we are now doing after our first get together earlier this year. They deleted his post from their page and BLOCKED HIM. Nice, huh? LOL
What Jerks... talk about "its for the Cause"....

What Jerks... talk about "its for the Cause"....
That was the reason Kitty and I dropped out of the Mopar club was that type of exclusion. It got to where if you didn't own a 440 six pac or Hemi car, you weren't anybody. This crew now seems to love everything. They even told Terius to pull his Chevy truck in for the pic, but he wouldn't do it. lol

That was the reason Kitty and I dropped out of the Mopar club was that type of exclusion. It got to where if you didn't own a 440 six pac or Hemi car, you weren't anybody. This crew now seems to love everything. They even told Terius to pull his Chevy truck in for the pic, but he wouldn't do it. lol
Yeah Man! That's what its about! Cool deal, sounds like Real, down to earth People! That's awesome he was hanging out and rolling with Ya!

Yeah Man! That's what its about! Cool deal, sounds like Real, down to earth People! That's awesome he was hanging out and rolling with Ya!
We did the Banana Puddin Festival with them in Irwinton, Georgia earlier this year. That was probably about 150 or so round trip. It was fun.

Last edited:
That's Cool Man! Nanner Puddin' fest. We have a Strawberry fest for about a month or so round Feb. Live bands, all kinda food, neat, old school family kinda fun. No Liquor bars inside or on the runway, heck I don't even think they sell beer there.

That's Cool Man! Nanner Puddin' fest. We have a Strawberry fest for about a month or so round Feb. Live bands, all kinda food, neat, old school family kinda fun. No Liquor bars inside or on the runway, heck I don't even think they sell beer there.
It is very cool. You pay 5 bucks and get a brown bag and spoon and you can get free nanner puddin from every vendor. Many different kinds. I never knew there were so many different kinds. A few sucked but most were really good. Lots of other type vendors with whatnots, bands and other food too. Complete with car show and tractor show. It's a lot of fun.

The North Georgia Mopar Club has been extending a hand to us in middle Georgia and having monthly meets and cruises in our area. We met at the Bent Axle Grill in Gray, Georgia today. About the best turnout we've had so far. It was a pretty good time. Beautiful day, too. I should be able to get more pictures later. I parked Vixen next to a really nice 66 Barracuda with a slant 6.
View attachment 1715970325
Sweet rides!

It is very cool. You pay 5 bucks and get a brown bag and spoon and you can get free nanner puddin from every vendor. Many different kinds. I never knew there were so many different kinds. A few sucked but most were really good. Lots of other type vendors with whatnots, bands and other food too. Complete with car show and tractor show. It's a lot of fun.
Sure sounds like it! I'm not sure how much Strawberry stuff they give ya, but I imagine one could be over em rapidly. It's in Plant City, right outside of Brandon, bout 20 minutes from here. Didn't You say Kitty has Family in Brandon, or used too, or something?

-
Back