Nice picture some photographer took

-
Beautiful car and fast too!
What else would anyone want?
Thanks for posting this.

Mind sharing a little back story on the car? :popcorn:

was born a B5 340 swinger. Have tag. Vinyl top and butt stripe, was born with( swinger butt stripe originally, obviously)
Was in New Mexico till 1999. It was raced by a guy a little North of me who sold it to the flipper i bought it from 5 years ago or so. Guy who raced it, his brother brought it up from NM in 99. Had to fix two tiny pinholes in the passenger floorboard, other than that, rock solid everywhere. Hopped up the 360 that was in it when i got it, ended up dipping into the 11.20’s couple of times, took a lot of stuff off it, for this 340 stroker..cam , heads, headers, intake, etc.

Ladder bars, single adj. Qa1’s all around. Stock dash, glass, headliner, bumpers, hood, etc. everything works, wipers, lights, turn signals, etc. car was completely rewired professionally two years ago.
Minitubbed, painted A4 5 years ago, paint is very nice, body is exceptionally straight. Has procar seats, 8 point cage with swingouts, new carpet, cage, interior is fresh and very nice. Turbo action shifter with command center.
Very nice GTS tail panel and trim, etc. interior pieces.

418, mild ported eddies, excellerator, 850, Dougs coated headers, Howards solid cam, fresh Moser 3rd member, nodular case, 35 spline spool, 4.30 gear. Cope 904, billet drum, A&A brake( have never used it) custom driveshaft with 1350 ends.

Thats about it. I could tweek it to make it a good bit faster, but a Dana( that was in the plans) would soon be required if i did. Think porting and installing a Victor will pick it up over the 10.70’s its run to this point, and that is first/ only thing on the list to do, probably this winter. Maybe a carb swap

After that, where do you stop..Dana, bigger headers, better heads, roller cam( had block bushed to enable that possibility)…yada, yada.. i have already had a 9 sec car.. licenses, fire suits, maintenance all the time.. think those days are over… this thing, change the oil and check lash once every so often..thats it. Sees 6500 ish at the stripe… nice long happy life.

Last edited:
Only interior shot i have…..
8DA20CDE-7029-4C90-B57A-D29FDEE030C1.jpeg

After that, where do you stop..Dana, bigger headers, better heads, roller cam( had block bushed to enable that possibility)…yada, yada.. i have already had a 9 sec car.. licenses, fire suits, maintenance all the time.. think those days are over… this thing, change the oil and check lash once every so often..thats it. Sees 6500 ish at the stripe… nice long happy life.

You know where the road leads. LOL

was born a B5 340 swinger. Have tag. Vinyl top and butt stripe, was born with( swinger butt stripe originally, obviously)
Was in New Mexico till 1999. It was raced by a guy a little North of me who sold it to the flipper i bought it from 5 years ago or so. Guy who raced it, his brother brought it up from NM in 99. Had to fix two tiny pinholes in the passenger floorboard, other than that, rock solid everywhere. Hopped up the 360 that was in it when i got it, ended up dipping into the 11.20’s couple of times, took a lot of stuff off it, for this 340 stroker..cam , heads, headers, intake, etc.

Ladder bars, single adj. Qa1’s all around. Stock dash, glass, headliner, bumpers, hood, etc. everything works, wipers, lights, turn signals, etc. car was completely rewired professionally two years ago.
Minitubbed, painted A4 5 years ago, paint is very nice, body is exceptionally straight. Has procar seats, 8 point cage with swingouts, new carpet, cage, interior is fresh and very nice. Turbo action shifter with command center.
Very nice GTS tail panel and trim, etc. interior pieces.

418, mild ported eddies, excellerator, 850, Dougs coated headers, Howards solid cam, fresh Moser 3rd member, nodular case, 35 spline spool, 4.30 gear. Cope 904, billet drum, A&A brake( have never used it) custom driveshaft with 1350 ends.

Thats about it. I could tweek it to make it a good bit faster, but a Dana( that was in the plans) would soon be required if i did. Think porting and installing a Victor will pick it up over the 10.70’s its run to this point, and that is first/ only thing on the list to do, probably this winter. Maybe a carb swap

Sounds perfect for a quasi street/ mostly strip car. Definitely a keeper.

No offense to any of you 70 & up guys (myself included) but I'm putting the *** end & trunk of a 68 on my 70 dart, 67-69 darts are perfect. Gotta do body work anyway. Thanks b3422w5

No offense to any of you 70 & up guys (myself included) but I'm putting the *** end & trunk of a 68 on my 70 dart, 67-69 darts are perfect. Gotta do body work anyway. Thanks b3422w5

That sounds really interesting. I hope you post photos of that conversion.

Very nice ride.Ive had 1320 video take some of mine and my old dog back when he was filming us before he made it big time

-
Back