Nick's garage

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Any of you guys watch that youtube channel? I caught a few early ones, seemed pretty ok, but the last few, dang... opinions?

Everybody's got one .. opinions, that is. Guy is very knowledgeable about Mopars and other breeds. Opinion rants probably from the current situation, and cabin fever..

He jumps around too much for me. Never focuses on a single project .
I prefer Uncle Tony . Besides he used to be a FABO member

I watch nicks garage, UTG, and DIYautoschool with my friend Pete. All of them are a bit better than any BS on TV these days.

Well he is trying to run a buisness at the same time.

There is such a thing as splicing . Its not like he is running the camera .
I am not saying its a bad show but the episodes are kinda long for no more info than you get on each subject ...

HA ! DIY school ! I love his show ! He is so rude ! Lol
He comes off as rude, I think he’s probably one of the most honest dudes who’s passionate about what he does. I have met plenty of old salty dogs like him whom actually are in truest form, would give the shirt off his back if you needed it.

He sure loves that "dnyo-mom-eater". I guess I would to if I had one, lol.

I guess I could do without the narrator and a little more in depth info on the subject .
Nicks Garage I am referring to.

Watch Nick all the time. Chime in his live broadcasts. Lots of fun. Cool to see old Hemi's and such on the dyno. 440-6 packs, 426's, 340's. He wants to build and dyno a slant6 and is planning a 273. He's one of us.

Last edited:
Uncle Tony is by far the best, real world channel on YouTube.

Nick's is ok but unless you are rich as Donald Trump, a warehouse sized shop, with a row of shiney 100k dollar cars is just not real world for us poor people.

Uncle Tony on the other hand works out of a shed on $300. Junkyard refugee cars, with engines and hardware that everyone has. That is real world in my world and what I like to see. Uncle Tony makes me look like a red neck, so that means a lot to me, and why I'm a cult follower of uncle Tony.

Rainy... 100% on the spot!
Its nice to see a show that is not trying to make a Picasso ! I am going to drive my cars ... and make mistakes ! My paint will not be perfect and I wont freak out if it gets a small scratch ! And I will drive it alot and hammer on it on occasion .

Nick's is ok but unless you are rich as Donald Trump, a warehouse sized shop, with a row of shiney 100k dollar cars is just not real world for us poor people.

Uncle Tony on the other hand works out of a shed on $300. Junkyard refugee cars, with engines and hardware that everyone has. That is real world in my world and what I like to see. Uncle Tony makes me look like a red neck, so that means a lot to me, and why I'm a cult follower of uncle Tony.
And he can get a whole show our if a cigarette. LOL

Any of you guys watch that youtube channel? I caught a few early ones, seemed pretty ok, but the last few, dang... opinions?
I follow Ol' Nick
I wish they showed more of the cars in the shop.
I will admit that I have seen better dyno work.

I like Nick. It’s a better production (similar to a TV show) that I’m sure costs a lot of dollars. He is the shop owner and head man that does some work there. His million dollar toys are his and hard earned. So I give the guy credit. He runs a big shop with multi mechanics working on other people’s cars. A little more detail would be nice.

On the opposite End of the spectrum, is Uncle Tony.
When I see his videos, it’s like watching myself in my garage. Same ****, no money, rusted junkers, having fun, don’t care what you think of me or the rides, kiss my ***, the ever so perfect motto, “Build Anything, Race Everything” is every last MoPar I have owned except my driver, the ‘79 Magnum. And that’s changing now.

He is from Staten Island, I was born in Queens and live on Long Island. I drive the roads he talks about. Haven’t raced them. He has a few years on me to have raced those roads. By the time I was, while possible, it was more of purposely going to get a policeman’s ball ticket and maybe loose your car, actually, a good chance of it.
Way to hot of a spot.

My wife say I should do a show after I retire.
I don’t know what I’d call it.
“Fish in a bowl?”
:rofl:

Rainy Nick was doing all this in his young gun days behind his parents house lane way , True he has some big dollar cars which come through and good on him as he has built his business on what he loves to do and I think a lot of people love seeing these iron horses brought back . Uncle Tony different kettle of fish , pretty down to earth like your neighbour who doesn’t give a rats about the cars appearance but he knows how to come across to show and help people on how to repair and tune cars and loves using only OE parts which I think is great. Very knowledgeable ,love his stories . He could do with some Ritalin at times. 2 shows I always watch. This guy Richard Holdener aswell if you like blowers , turbos , he Dyno test junk yard Engines than adds cam shafts hair dryers etc and compares them to big money Na engines . Really good and gets in the more tech side of tuning if your running EFI. AS A WARNING CHEV AND FORD ENGINES ARE USED ! with the occasional 3Gen Hemi.

Your uncle tony , takes too long to get to the subject , like he`s talking to morons or something , I lose interest cause he takes so long to get to a point , and usually not real interested in his topics . I`m all about performance , Never heard of Nick--
Your uncle aint so poor either, he`s got hordes of $$ in all the stuff he has , you dont have 426 hemi`s settin around , if u aint got some coin !! ----------

True that! UTG has a good bit more in dollar worth in the multi vehicles he has. I have stuff laying around due to years in the hobby with a lot of horse trading and waiting and searching an actual good cheap deal to come by. No HEMI’s in my stable! Maybe one day.

@famous bob —> Nicks garage, click here, —>

True that! UTG has a good bit more in dollar worth in the multi vehicles he has. I have stuff laying around due to years in the hobby with a lot of horse trading and waiting and searching an actual good cheap deal to come by. No HEMI’s in my stable! Maybe one day.

@famous bob —> Nicks garage, click here, —>

I used to have 2 426 hemi`s , now I can only wish and dream. ---Once a hemi head , always a hemi head !

-
Back