Nitro Spring Nationals...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
spring nationals.jpg

Looking forward to this event. Was hoping that the psycho class, the 10.5/275R folks, were coming to this event but they will be at the other Funny Car event. Last I checked the weather is supposed to be cloudy and in the mid-high 70's....great day for being a "fat guy with a camera" :rofl::rofl:.
This weekend will be the 10th consecutive camera weekend for me. Have at least another 3 before I have an off one. My buddy with the bike has been bugging me about going on a road trip of sorts with him so I may not have just 3 more weekends to go.

So...any of you folks that live up this way may want to attend this event...the future of the track is up in the air right now as the current promoters lease expires the end of September and, according to the rumor mill he is going to be walking away and heading into retirement....

Honoring Hometown Heroes . Let me guess, the same posse that has been racing the circuit for the past 20 years. lol
If it is, they are a hard bunch to beat, had every dial'n covered. lol

I can't make it this year due to my work schedules, but i sure look forward to your pictures.
You are great at posting all of the good ones on here..............

I wish i could figure out how to scan and post some pics i have of Spokane Raceway Park back in the early days.
Some even have pics of the tower in them when they were building it.

I can't make it this year due to my work schedules, but i sure look forward to your pictures.
You are great at posting all of the good ones on here..............

I wish i could figure out how to scan and post some pics i have of Spokane Raceway Park back in the early days.
Some even have pics of the tower in them when they were building it.
The event on August 16-18th is more my favorite. The Pacific Northwest Outlaw 10.5 cars will be here. Nothing like watching small tire cars cover the 1/8th in the low4's at close to 180mph. Interesting variety of cars. Last year we had a 970 cubic inch car show up...and the rumored worlds quickest SBC...if I remember right it 60 foots in the sub second range....

The event on August 16-18th is more my favorite. The Pacific Northwest Outlaw 10.5 cars will be here. Nothing like watching small tire cars cover the 1/8th in the low4's at close to 180mph. Interesting variety of cars. Last year we had a 970 cubic inch car show up...and the rumored worlds quickest SBC...if I remember right it 60 foots in the sub second range....
Sounds good, but i doubt that i can make that one too.
At work this is our busiest time of year, and it's tough to get time off...........but we'll see!

-
Back