Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
Well rats! I mislabeled the nitrous bottle and it's actually a three-quarter inch male thread instead of a 1-inch so my gauge will not fit so a call to Summit in the morning...
pullhair.gif

haha.gif

What won't they like about it?..

Unless rules have changed, they would not let me do this. All lines and tank had to run outside of the passenger compartment. Was bracket racing at the time at a NHRA track and did not use it then anyway. To inconsistent for my liking.

Pulled the bottle and raced.

Came back with it done correctly. Usually only used the NOS for street night grudge matches and the occasional back road match.

Unless rules have changed, they would not let me do this. All lines and tank had to run outside of the passenger compartment. Was bracket racing at the time at a NHRA track and did not use it then anyway. To inconsistent for my liking.

Came back with it done correctly. Usually only used the NOS for street night grudge matches and the occasional back road match.
oh boy I hope yellow rose doesn't see this post because I'm going to name drop and he's going to drop a bomb on me for this....
But when I talked to Mike thermos about mounting the bottle he was pretty much saying to put it over on the passenger side in a race type application where there wouldn't be a passenger seat...
From what I've studied you just have to have a blow down tube to exit the cab. Which should be here Monday and I'll drill a hole in the floor and run the blowout to be outside the cab. Did you have that?...

oh boy I hope yellow rose doesn't see this post because I'm going to name drop and he's going to drop a bomb on me for this....
But when I talked to Mike thermos about mounting the bottle he was pretty much saying to put it over on the passenger side in a race type application where there wouldn't be a passenger seat...
From what I've studied you just have to have a blow down tube to exit the cab. Which should be here Monday and I'll drill a hole in the floor and run the blowout to be outside the cab. Did you have that?...

No I did not.

Also I really didn't mount it in there for track use. Just more for learning how to use nitrous and the occasional watch this moment with my friends... I'm not saying I won't give it a blast or two at the track but likely it'll put me out of non roll bar range LOL... of course I never have made any ET predictions or anything like that because that's not what I'm doing this for...

Also I really didn't mount it in there for track use. Just more for learning how to use nitrous and the occasional watch this moment with my friends... I'm not saying I won't give it a blast or two at the track but likely it'll put me out of non roll bar range LOL... of course I never have made any ET predictions or anything like that because that's not what I'm doing this for...

You will find out. Enjoy the fun!

Of course.. the local test and tune guys are really thorough and I like that they check everything to make sure that I'm safe. now when I go to Woodburn the big track that's really fast and all that they don't seem to give two hoots... I'll go to the local test and tune track and have it all checked out probably before I even fill the tank...

@Cudafever don't hide behind that question with a like what you got to say?

LOL i had to go back and find were i a like you LOL
I wrote.........
I was totally baffled at the no response on your other thread........that's never happen before:D
You Wrote
Probably because half the Forum has me on ignore! LOL... THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!...:D

I wasn't baffled that the forum didn't respond, i was baffled that you didn't jump on a opportunity to argue with me.
There you happy! that's what i had to say you knucklehead.:lol:

NAME DROPPER.

LOL. I am funny.

Okay just called Pete from Portland international Raceway on his private phone and had a long conversation. He said as long as it's securely strap down to the floor and not a projectile and it has a blow down tube that exits the cab everything is all good to go...:thumbsup:..

LOL i had to go back and find were i a like you LOL
I wrote.........
I was totally baffled at the no response on your other thread........that's never happen before:D
You Wrote
Probably because half the Forum has me on ignore! LOL... THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!...:D

I wasn't baffled that the forum didn't respond, i was baffled that you didn't jump on a opportunity to argue with me.
There you happy! that's what i had to say you knucklehead.:lol:
Wrong again banana brain LOL..
You liking post 548 was what I was talking about...:rolleyes:..
(You): "yeah what he said..."

Oh ok then, i like it because i thought it was funny:rolleyes:
Weekend warrior take your chances.:D
happy now..........................

LOL I see you pounced on the opportunity while you had it... I don't know if Pete from PIR counts as a name drop but...

Yup...that counts!!!! Did you happen to ask Pete when you had him on the phone what his plans are going forward when this whole flu deal is over???

Okay just called Pete from Portland international Raceway on his private phone and had a long conversation. He said as long as it's securely strap down to the floor and not a projectile and it has a blow down tube that exits the cab everything is all good to go...:thumbsup:..

Smart of you to check, Not sure if there were blow down tubes in 86/87. I do not recall having that option. Fill the Bottle and get another full bottle. Then go out and Smile! Having 2 bottles at least is a must.

Yup...that counts!!!! Did you happen to ask Pete when you had him on the phone what his plans are going forward when this whole flu deal is over???
Pete seemed hopeful like the rest of us are but in the dark as the rest of us...
As far as your flu comment I find it a bit instigative and more appropriate on the political part of the forum as this is the area of my life I like to keep away from that conversation...

Way early in this thread it was covered that if I was going to buy a used bottle to check the expiration date...
Soooo... I called Summit and asked about how they handle expiration dates?
I was assured they are no more than 90 days old... I ordered 4/1/20. Date on bottle 03/19...

Way early in this thread it was covered that if I was going to buy a used bottle to check the expiration date...
Soooo... I called Summit and asked about how they handle expiration dates?
I was assured they are no more than 90 days old... I ordered 4/1/20. Date on bottle 03/19...
Got ahold of Summit costumer service this morning (after 45 min. on hold) and first informed them there one inch gauge didn't fit the bottle because it was not one inch like advertised, but 3/4 inch... Also if they would put in the description that it had a nut with a 4AN male fitting that would help... Soooo.. sending me a less expensive gauge with refund and told me to keep the old one...
On to the over one year old bottle.. I explained they previously told me bottles are no more than 90 days old when sent out.. and I ordered mine 4/1/20 and bottle is stamped 03/19... I said at this rate of track closures it may be another year before I can use it... I asked instead of mailing another how about a 1/5th discount?? ($37)... No problem..
-37+ -7(for gauge)+ -10(over 199 discount)= about $130 for bottle.. + free Summit gauge...
Again I always buy from Summit!!..:thumbsup:..

Got ahold of Summit costumer service this morning (after 45 min. on hold) and first informed them there one inch gauge didn't fit the bottle because it was not one inch like advertised, but 3/4 inch... Also if they would put in the description that it had a nut with a 4AN male fitting that would help... Soooo.. sending me a less expensive gauge with refund and told me to keep the old one...
On to the over one year old bottle.. I explained they previously told me bottles are no more than 90 days old when sent out.. and I ordered mine 4/1/20 and bottle is stamped 03/19... I said at this rate of track closures it may be another year before I can use it... I asked instead of mailing another how about a 1/5th discount?? ($37)... No problem..
-37+ -7(for gauge)+ -10(over 199 discount)= about $130 for bottle.. + free Summit gauge...
Again I always buy from Summit!!..:thumbsup:..
You have way too much time on your hands.

-
Back