Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
I look at all the power adders the same way. Most and I said most are under proformers and don’t ran as well as a well prepped NA car. It’s the easy way out for most and I honestly can’t say wow, that’s a nice running 11 second car if it has a power adder in with a straight face. 10’s and 11’s are so easily built now with the parts available.
Well I got my intake gasket today that I had to order to make $100 Summit order for free shipping and still no word from Speedmaster..

I thought they would notified Summit and Summit would notify me?..

You may get a tracking number if anything. I’ve been dealing with Summit for over 40 years, and I love them but they have over the years stocked more paint products, everyday car products, etc. this way they are a broker (advertiser) and don’t have to lay out the money stocking parts.

You may get a tracking number if anything. I’ve been dealing with Summit for over 40 years, and I love them but they have over the years stocked more paint products, everyday car products, etc. this way they are a broker (advertiser) and don’t have to lay out the money stocking parts.
I love their customer service and they're quick shipping. They always price match and they always send a paper receipt with a return label.. I recently had my first problem with Jegs and I won't order from them ever again...
I just called of this part and it looks like I'm going to have to call Zex tomorrow or Wednesday... Summit just had the basic information on it it's a 4na outlet but it does not tell you what the inlet is? If it screws right onto the bottle or what?..
Screenshot_20200203-184844.png

You know, I was reading through this thread and something occurred to me....Why is it that people hate on nitrous and not the other power adders? I hear all the time about “any idiot can go fast on the goofy gas” but never once have I heard someone get dumped on when they said “So, I’m gonna slap a 6-71 huffer on my stroker”. Never heard anyone teased for using a Procharger. It’s always “F’n A, man. That’s badass!”
So why the bad rap for NO2?
Just doesn’t make sense.
Simple as people are scared of what they don't know...

I look at all the power adders the same way. Most and I said most are under proformers and don’t ran as well as a well prepped NA car. It’s the easy way out for most and I honestly can’t say wow, that’s a nice running 11 second car if it has a power adder in with a straight face. 10’s and 11’s are so easily built now with the parts available.
I agree if you have a race car or want to race competitively. For the guy with a low buck street car that wants to run a number for the excitement its hard to beat. Take mine for example, it has an overdrive four speed, weighs around 3400 race weight and less than optimal suspension/gears to say the least. It makes enough power to go 10s with the right chassis setup but I'm hoping for mid/low 11s n/a. The thing is I know that will not make me happy for long and building enough power n/a will require some costly upgrades to my drivetrain and limit my streetability so for the handful of times I will actually race the car nitrous makes sense. I'm not out for bragging rights as to running a number, it's just running slower than mid to high tens doesn't seem very exciting to me but neither does building a single purpose drag car to run a few times a season.

I agree if you have a race car or want to race competitively. For the guy with a low buck street car that wants to run a number for the excitement its hard to beat. Take mine for example, it has an overdrive four speed, weighs around 3400 race weight and less than optimal suspension/gears to say the least. It makes enough power to go 10s with the right chassis setup but I'm hoping for mid/low 11s n/a. The thing is I know that will not make me happy for long and building enough power n/a will require some costly upgrades to my drivetrain and limit my streetability so for the handful of times I will actually race the car nitrous makes sense. I'm not out for bragging rights as to running a number, it's just running slower than mid to high tens doesn't seem very exciting to me but neither does building a single purpose drag car to run a few times a season.
You have nitrous??..

It looks like the jetting is becoming my biggest hurdle in thought.. not much information at lower horse levels as I'm going to need to double that to do dual quads.. I think a lot will depend on the fuel pressure I'm able to get a consistent reading with my fuel system.. I think I'm going to have to determine that when the time comes and jet accordingly...
Not only am I going to have a full throttle trigger but also in line I"ll want a hand trigger as well... Doing this with a 4-speed gets a little tricky.. in my mind I'm just thinking a little shot at the top of 3rd gear and 4th gear... At least to start..

I keep thinking this... by the time I get this up and running and hopefully successful... I'll be the guru LOL...

You have nitrous??..
No, not yet, I got to get the car down the track first and get it dialed in to its full potential before I mess with nitrous. I just know the car will not be the most efficient at the track due to weight and the trans/gearing so the plan all along was to see what it will run maxed out as is and then hit it with some nitrous.

I called Summit and they said that Speedmaster had given them notice that they got their order... Said that should ship it within 3 to 5 business days...
I said I was curious because of your delivery date kept moving further and further out every day and staying 25 days out? She said I just looked it up and it says ships today? I looked it up while I was on the phone and damn if it didn't change to ships today... Whatever LOL...

how does that happen? You watch it for a week or two and every day it gets further and further away like you'll never get to the date and then the day you called to b****...

I told you how it works. They don’t want guys like you calling everyday for parts that are going on a shelf anyway.

I think I finally got some time set away tomorrow.. since I got the car out the other day and got it turned around and running and seemed to run good I'll be able to get the carbs off and start mocking up the new one's..
I'd really like to get the nitrous plates so I can put them at the bottom and then put the two inch risers on and then the carbs on top of those. I think it'll keep the nitrous solenoids and other stuff out of the way of the carburetors anyways.. likely I'll have to modify the hole in my hood as well..

Id be very tempted to mount all the solenoids and junction blocks down low Then just have all hard line running up and bending were it needs to go.
Hard line fuel and nitrous lines!

Im not saying this is the best way, in fact its probably the worst way. It would look slick tho.

Id be very tempted to mount all the solenoids and junction blocks down low Then just have all hard line running up and bending were it needs to go.
Hard line fuel and nitrous lines!

Im not saying this is the best way, in fact its probably the worst way. It would look slick tho.
You got hard line fever..

-
Back