No bloody A.B.C or D

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Time for me to build the enterprise 1701. Yes I'm spraying it on the hood of my truck but don't worry I have a bird bath hood and cowl on the way. Lol

20220911_180007.jpg

20220911_180520.jpg

I made one of those models in the late sixties. I'm sorry I don't have it anymore, I'm sure my folks threw it away when I moved out. I'm surprised they still make that model. I suspect yours will be a lot nicer than the one I made. Does this one have the wiring for lights?

1. And regarding your thread title, James Doohan sure could deliver a line! Actually he was my favorite character on the show. His job seemed obtainable by me as a naive gradeschool kid. I wasn't interested in medicine and the other two major characters Spock and Kirk seemed out reach. Your thread made me go read James' bio on wikipedia. I didn't know he was a purple heart WWII veteran and accomplished a lot of things in the British service.

Be sure to show us the finished model.

I made one of those models in the late sixties. I'm sorry I don't have it anymore, I'm sure my folks threw it away when I moved out. I'm surprised they still make that model. I suspect yours will be a lot nicer than the one I made. Does this one have the wiring for lights?

1. And regarding your thread title, James Doohan sure could deliver a line! Actually he was my favorite character on the show. His job seemed obtainable by me as a naive gradeschool kid. I wasn't interested in medicine and the other two major characters Spock and Kirk seemed out reach. Your thread made me go read James' bio on wikipedia. I didn't know he was a purple heart WWII veteran and accomplished a lot of things in the British service.

Be sure to show us the finished model.
he is one of my favorite characters as well. This will be a build thread so when I finish you will see it. Sadly this kit doesn't come with a lighting kit. Those are sold separately for like 50 bucks and I'm not paying that lol

Captain's log star date 9172022. I've been transported into a mirror universe where everything is almost the same.....yep I'm building the mirror universe enterprise. That way I can build another one later lol

20220917_224422.jpg

Oh Ho... Mirror Mirror...

I think the cast enjoyed the different uniforms in that episode, I especialy liked Uhura in this one.

Nice touch to put that on the model, you must have a dark side to your personality! I can't remember if the Enterprise was shown with that logo in the original episode, but I still like how you have done it.

Oh Ho... Mirror Mirror...

I think the cast enjoyed the different uniforms in that episode, I especialy liked Uhura in this one.

Nice touch to put that on the model, you must have a dark side to your personality! I can't remember if the Enterprise was shown with that logo in the original episode, but I still like how you have done it.
Thank you yes it looked like they enjoyed that episode. No you do not see the logo on.the out side of the enterprise. But it's never shown at that angle neither. The engines are also different and some of the vents are different as well ( not done yet) yes there is a bit of makers leeway here. Go back and watch the episode and look and compare the 2 enterprises I did it was fun. Also when your done its a good watch lol. I plan on putting alittle shading in places that it don't belong but I'm a maker . I'm supposed to make it better lol

More detail work yes you can see.the shine of the decals. That will change. 1 is the light it right on top of the model.2 I still have to clear coat the model after decals

20221016_005136.jpg

Uhura wouldda looked good in a paper sack. That woman was fine!

Lookin good Asa!

We didn't have LEDs when that model was first designed. I built one too years ago. Today we have them almost as small as a grain of salt. I would like to light up an Enterprize but the saucer section is too thin. Nowhere near enough windows.

We didn't have LEDs when that model was first designed. I built one too years ago. Today we have them almost as small as a grain of salt. I would like to light up an Enterprize but the saucer section is too thin. Nowhere near enough windows.
That and th3 kit for the ships is like 60 bucks just for the lights so you would be in thes things 100 bucks before you bought paint lol

Have you ever considered getting an airbrush to use on your models? I think you'd be really impressed with the difference one makes when painting. You'd then have access to a much wider range of colors and you'd be able to control how much solvent is in the paint you're applying, which has a dramatic effect on the way the paint flows out on the models surface. They also lay down a thinner layer of paint that leaves finer details visible. As much building as you've been doing I think it's well worth some serious thought.

Have you ever considered getting an airbrush to use on your models? I think you'd be really impressed with the difference one makes when painting. You'd then have access to a much wider range of colors and you'd be able to control how much solvent is in the paint you're applying, which has a dramatic effect on the way the paint flows out on the models surface. They also lay down a thinner layer of paint that leaves finer details visible. As much building as you've been doing I think it's well worth some serious thought.
That is my goal at the end of the day for about the past year I've been working with kits I've had stashed for years . Then paint I've had about the same time. Money is tight right now like everyone . I'm not in over my head of nothing but some things don't take priority. But with me taking up models again and making some movie props. For commission slowly I'm becoming a maker . I've got 6 commissions right now only one will let me post about it. But that's the way it gos Customers always right. That was long winded huh? Lmao

-
Back