No oil pressure at startup - filter?

-

GotDart

Reaction score
I changed my oil last weekend, and now everytime I start the engine the oil pressure light stays on for a few seconds. I'm wondering if it might be because of the Fram PH8A filter I used. I have the right angle adapter and the filter is sitting almost perfectly horizontal. I thought this filter was supposed to have an anti-drainback valve, so this shouldn't be happening... right? What oil filter do you guys use? Anyone else have this problem?

Gotdart,

I haven't used Fram in years. They are among the most cheaply constructed of filters.

I've had very good luck with Wix.

hth,

Jim

Doing a little web surfing at lunchtime and found this Oil Filter Study which basically rips :puker: Fram oil filters :pukel: to shreads. I had heard this before, but never researched it. I think I'll stop on the way home this evening and pick up a Wix or AC Delco (gasp) filter.

69Dart440 said:
Gotdart,

I haven't used Fram in years. They are among the most cheaply constructed of filters.

I've had very good luck with Wix.

hth,

Jim

They are probably the most cheaply constructed filter because that is the only filter sold at Wal-mart, Wal-mart buys in such large quantities that they can dictate how much they are going to pay. The end result is products made as cheap as posible. JMO.

I agree Wix are good filters.

Well NAPA was closed, so I went by Autozone. They carry Fram, STP, Delco, Motorcraft, Mobil-1, and K&N. I didn't see a Delco # in the catalog for this application. And I didn't want Motorcraft, so I got the STP. The K&N and Mobil-1 filters were $12-$14, not really worth the price for a 140k mile motor that's going to be replaced soon anyway.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to put on, it's raining out.... again. Time to :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: for :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

-
Back