No respect from Walmart.

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Couldn't believe my ears yesterday. We were in Walmart yesterday and they were playing Christmas carols already. Not continuous but they loop it so you keep hearing the same songs over and over. They have been playing these songs before Remembrance Day apparently. Disgusting....they can't show respect to the fallen before bombarding us with Xmas Music? Shame on you!!!!

Mark, what happened to the happy go lucky Jokester????.............................actually you're right on!!

Mark, what happened to the happy go lucky Jokester????.............................actually you're right on!!
Morning Treblig...nothing irks me more than big business not giving a crap about anything else than the bottom line. They should have at least have respect for the fallen because without them there wouldn't be a Walmart etc and we'd all be speaking German. (No disrespect to German ancestry)

I far prefer Christmas music to some of the other crap they play.
But you got me thinking...what's more important, the wars that saved our asses, or the God that saved our souls?

^^^^^^^^^
Yes.
But starting the gross commercial buying spree too soon diminishes "Thanksgiving" which I think is more important than a made up birthday date celebration.

9 out of 10 Druids agree.

5338984465_c737b98031_b.jpg

George-C-Scott-Scrooge.jpg

My neighbors had their house decorated 2 weeks ago with Christmas lights by an install company.

I can't see why everyone always has to be "outraged" by something any more. I don't care for Christmas Music any time but it's just how things are now..MEH.

Alright first off all, if your there long enough to identify the loop in their music, you spend WAY too much time at wally world

Secondly...what would you have them do?
I mean, I can't think of any dedicated veterans day music (I can think of a few fitting country songs, but I doubt they are complied together somewhere)

^^^^^^^^^
Yes.
But starting the gross commercial buying spree too soon diminishes "Thanksgiving" which I think is more important than a made up birthday date celebration.

9 out of 10 Druids agree.

View attachment 1715248457

View attachment 1715248459
That's another good point Adriver. Forgot Americans hadn't celebrated Thanksgiving yet. Maybe you should move your Thanksgiving to the same time as ours then the stores won't have to feel guilty about playing Xmas tunes so early LOL

That's another good point Adriver. Forgot Americans hadn't celebrated Thanksgiving yet. Maybe you should move your Thanksgiving to the same time as ours then the stores won't have to feel guilty about playing Xmas tunes so early LOL

"The Devil's firat assault is an ungrateful heart. All other sins can then follow. "

We can't move our's. I understand there is a historic meaning.
Plus Lincoln said so.

You guys realize they aren't "pushing."

People are buying. You really think they'd take the time to run new inventory, reset planograms, etc if the consumer didn't want to buy lights and trees and decorations ahead of Thanksgiving? "The bottom line" you speak of is to invest millions, even billions of dollars of inventory and man hours into a billion dollar industry. And that industry doesn't come from the store.

Yes, marketing tricks, like playing music are applied. But, hell, every planograms, the color of the walls, the way the store is set are all marketing tricks. You and I fall for them every time we go shopping.

Maybe instead of blaming the retailer for supplying the demand you blame the consumer for demanding the supply.

"How dare a parts store stock auto parts..."

:welcome:
<~~~~ Will not be visiting any of "said stores" in 4spd's neighborhood anytime soon :rofl:
Lol, then urinal picks get a workout...

How bout the ******** stores set an example? Keep the glitter bs till after Rememberance Day.
It's there store, set the hours I dont care how much they "invest ".
Big box stores suck and yes I still **** er shop at them....clowns.

:welcome:

Lol, then urinal picks get a workout...

How bout the ******** stores set an example? Keep the glitter bs till after Rememberance Day.
It's there store, set the hours I dont care how much they "invest ".
Big box stores suck and yes I still **** er shop at them....clowns.

Right!

Because the multimillionaires in the corporate offices come and clean rhw toilets, not the poor schmucking making $10 an hour.

Lol

$10 an hour I don’t think the manager is cleaning toilets.

Wages for my local Walmart maintenance start at $10.41 an hour.

My nephew has been there five years and is up to $13 with last year's quarterly safety and sales bonuses totalling $10k for his time there.

Believe it or not, that's more than what I made in management.

And it's the multimillionaire assclowns who make the hours not the public.
They are also the ones that put policies in place(life insurance on their own employees) Walfart ain't the only one.
Right!

Because the multimillionaires in the corporate offices come and clean rhw toilets, not the poor schmucking making $10 an hour.

Lol

Not to hold up far Wal Mart, (I very seldom darken their doors) or any other retailor, but they wouldn't be displaying this merchandise, if consumers weren't buying it.

And it's the multimillionaire assclowns who make the hours not the public.
They are also the ones that put policies in place(life insurance on their own employees) Walfart ain't the only one.

Retail isn't the only place that happens.

I worked building trains. At Alstom not only did corporate have a life insurance policy on me, but so did the union.

CAF had a straight up life insurance policy they were up front about.

Didn't bother me a bit.

The policy that mattered to me was the larger one to my beneficiary.

After that, I was dead. Why would I care?

But, if you're serious about shitting in the urinal, it's the kind of "protest" that does nothing more than make someone else's job harder and has no direct effect on the higher ups.

-
Back