no slant 6 love. lol

-
I just watched the episode.
The 198 rods used to have value to the turbo slant crowd. They use(d) them with 2.2 pistons, I think?
Several years ago, I sold a set from the 198 I pulled from my Dart Sport, to a guy who was building a turbo slant. Right afterwards, I heard that somebody started making rods for the combo. I have no idea if they still make them. The Roadkill Garage guys maybe ruined some semi-valuable rods.
Aside from the potential value of the rods, I would've bricked the gas pedal, too!
P.S. My car was a zero option car, too. Radio delete, too. Looks like someone put an aftermarket radio in theirs. Mine now has a 727, but the clutch pedal is under the rug. :)

If they're so worthless, I'll wait for everyone to send me their slant 6 stuff for the price of shipping. I'm waitin.

I've owned one slant six. Sold it the first opportunity I had. It ran ok, but wasn't what I wanted. Car was not an original slant car, either.

I did find a '66 Barracuda that I would have restored original if I had bought it. Slant/3sp stick and original Playmate Pink. Then I would have offered my brother in law a ride to see the PTSD come out. My in laws bought a Playmate Pink 273/auto '66 brand new and he was always embarrassed to ride in it...

I couldn't give away the last two I had. The sound I heard was more of a thud at the scrap yard, but satisfying none the less.

I can not envision any scenario where I would ever want a base engine

I usually go for at least 2 extra cylinders

But then, I got a 408 in my duster, a 6.0 in my truck and the smallest engine i have in a car is the 5.7 hemi in my wife's charger...so I may be biased

If they're so worthless, I'll wait for everyone to send me their slant 6 stuff for the price of shipping. I'm waitin.

**** i'd have sent you the slant out of our dart for the cost of shipping.. that damn thing sat around here forever before someone hauled it off.

I appreciate any internal combustion engine.
I had a 225 that clacked evenly, but loudly. I figured all the valves were loose. When I pulled the valve cover, I saw so much crud, I put it back together and left well enough alone. It ran and ran, until I sold it to a friend, in three installments of $25 ea, for $75. :lol: (73 Dart Sport) This was about 1983. A buddy of his slid it into a curb on wet leaves and screwed up a back wheel and axle. Who knows, maybe it's still running in someone else's car?

I delivered pizza with that car, a job not for weenie cars.

I'd like to build a /6 one day, but from a performance standpoint they make little sense even a 273 has way more potential. But still like the idea of a gutted roadrace early A with a 4 gear revving 170 /6 :)

**** i'd have sent you the slant out of our dart for the cost of shipping.. that damn thing sat around here forever before someone hauled it off.
I would have gladly taken it.

wish i had known at the time.. damn thing sat around here forever..
And as luck would have it, I am 225 poor. I have only 2, counting what's in the car now and probably 6 or 7 170s. But that's ok too. The 170 is a good engine too.

-
Back