No taillights, brake lights, hazards or dash lights

-

CichliDart

Well, where is it now?
Reaction score
72 B100 360 727
No taillights, brake lights, hazards or dash lights.
But I do have headlights, reverse lights and turn signals.

I looked at mymopar and the closest wiring diagram they had was 71 D100 and I have a haynes type book that shows a 74 wiring diagram.

I did the MAD bypass to try and eliminate that as a potential problem. The previous owner wired the dash power from the starter relay directly to the battery. I was surprised by this but it has been working for years. I checked and the wires are carrying power I will reroute this later but at the moment the rest of the mad bypass is done.

So far the bulbs are good, the headlight switch seems good, all the fuses are good, I checked the power on both sides of the fuse panel and all hot wires are hot(positives have power).

I will try and look at some more wiring diagrams but I am stumped right now.

Any ideas?

Mike

I'm not familiar specifically. But somewhere there has to be a connector separating the rear harness, and you can probe that. It is likely near same area as A bodies, IE somewhere up in left kick panel area. That harness MAY go down and back at the engine bay firewall

Make sure fuses have power on both sides. Probe the hazard flasher as it should have power TO it at all times. If it shows power, turn on hazards and see if power goes away. If so, suspect bad fuse clips or some sort of bad connection for the feed into the fuse panel, etc

Brake lights--same deal......Brake switch should have power at all times

FUSES. Check them for power UNDER LOAD on both ends at the fuse clips. It is common for fuses to sometimes blow or fail "back in the cap" where you cannot see the break. Something that old ALWAYS suspect corroded/ loose fuse clips

Thank you 67DART273,

I will check those tomorrow.
I think I will also remove my trailer wiring just to eliminate that as a potential problem. When this is dealt with I can re-attach it.
The harness going back< I think I know where it is and checked power except the actual wires that go back. I was in a hurry to get to work and had to stop.
I would do it right now but worked a double last night and have to head back in again.

Mike

I'm not familiar specifically. But somewhere there has to be a connector separating the rear harness, and you can probe that. It is likely near same area as A bodies, IE somewhere up in left kick panel area. That harness MAY go down and back at the engine bay firewall

Make sure fuses have power on both sides. Probe the hazard flasher as it should have power TO it at all times. If it shows power, turn on hazards and see if power goes away. If so, suspect bad fuse clips or some sort of bad connection for the feed into the fuse panel, etc

Brake lights--same deal......Brake switch should have power at all times

FUSES. Check them for power UNDER LOAD on both ends at the fuse clips. It is common for fuses to sometimes blow or fail "back in the cap" where you cannot see the break. Something that old ALWAYS suspect corroded/ loose fuse clips

-
Back