[WANTED] NOS Mopar Air

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Contact seller
m6Qj2mFimlGyh3YnjUAp3KA.jpg

I've been looking for some NOS ( MOPAR) air for this 67 barracuda I got a while back. It is totally all original. And I mean plugs , battery and I think even has the factory oil in the engine.( I don't see a sticker anywhere where someone changed it!) But anyway a couple of the tires are getting low on air and I don't want to de-value the car by putting regular modern air in it. Not as pure as it was back in the 60s. I remember the 70s cars came with the space saver spare tire and canister of air, did they make this stuff for 67s???
Now I don't drive this car on a regular basis , actually I don't drive it at all cause it's got to be pretty valuable since it has never had an after market part put on it ! OH and it's out of the gas that came with it ! Can't find any of that either!. Anyway it's getting hard to push on and off the trailer when I take it to a car show with the low tires. If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know ! Money is no object, I may pay top $$$$ for some 67 mopar air !

20160418_162144.jpeg

I have a 1972 Dart original spare tire. Never been on the ground. Still with factory air inside. Would that help? :rolleyes:

I don't think the space saver spares and air canisters came out until 1970 for the small trunks in the Cuda's and Challengers. If you find an original canister, it won't have original 1967 air in it so what you are trying to accomplish is a waste of time. Just sayin'

I don't think the space saver spares and air canisters came out until 1970 for the small trunks in the Cuda's and Challengers. If you find an original canister, it won't have original 1967 air in it so what you are trying to accomplish is a waste of time. Just sayin'
Could steal some out of another brand...I won't tell...Pontiac had a space saving spare in '68 or '67 that might have had a canister...
;)

I found some OEM condoms under the back seat of mine you might be able to suck the air out of? Mot much in there but the ends appear to be glued shut so it should be pure.

Go get some ice core samples from Antarctica dated from the mid 1960s and melt those down in a vacuum chamber. Or dig up a rich person's coffin who was buried in 1967 (do more expensive coffins seal better?).

Better yet fly into space and go faster than the speed of light so you go back in time to 1967. Easy.

Now when I got this car it had a picture of a little old lady in the parking lot of a church in Pasadena still in the glovebox. So I'm 99 percent sure who the previous owner was. But a mouse ate it up.
Which would add value to the car.which is why I want to keep it original. I've been watching Barrett Jackson so I know these survivor cars are really valuable.

You can have the air out of my original red line // pictured in my avitar // but I will need $5,000 up front for postage and return to you $4,000 I take pay pal too!!!!

You can have the air out of my original red line // pictured in my avitar // but I will need $5,000 up front for postage and return to you $4,000 I take pay pal too!!!!

I knew I could find some ! So is that price per pound? let me know how many pounds you can send me Thanks

Screenshot_2018-06-27-15-05-38-1.png

I have 50 lbs. of 67 air. It will fit in a flat rate box for priority shipping. Anything over 50 lbs. is considered over size. There will be a air fitting included for installation.

You can have it for free if you pick it up. We have it in a big tank here and we can install it in your tires for you. We will also give you a small container of it to take along. Bring your own container .

We install air by appointment only. You must leave your car on a Friday it takes 2 days because the air is so dense from back then. The Flow is Slow. You will be amazed if you see your car. Warning there are times the air causes cars to float away and never to be seen again. Drop it off we'll treat it like its our own.

20180324_173137.jpg

20180324_173213.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you are aware that you probably only need to replace the vintage bottom air. Check your tires and see if the top is still nice and round, if so, you can probably get by with just adding vintage bottom air. A huge savings!

I've got a couple of original spares that I can let you have cheap, just to help you out, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back