Nose diving while turning.

-

kegr2010

Reaction score
Ok I have a 73 Dart 225 6 cyl. The 6 k member as you all know doesn't have a sway bar or provisions for one. Every time I turn to the right the left front does a nose dive. If I hit a bump in the road the left front hits hard. It hits the bump stop. I don't see anything broken or loose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would start with shocks. Bad/ broken/ worn out one side. Look for heavy oil leakage out of the shock. Other than that get it "up" on something........just high enough you can get under there SAFELY but with the weight on the tires, have a friend "jounce" the heck out of both sides and simply LOOK

Get it off the ground, preferably on a hoist and inspect everything you can think of......including what was posted above

Add a sway bar.
Increase your front ride height
Get stiffer shocks

I would start with shocks. Bad/ broken/ worn out one side. Look for heavy oil leakage out of the shock. Other than that get it "up" on something........just high enough you can get under there SAFELY but with the weight on the tires, have a friend "jounce" the heck out of both sides and simply LOOK

Get it off the ground, preferably on a hoist and inspect everything you can think of......including what was posted above
I thought about the shock but I see no leak and they look new. I will check again though thank you.

I upgraded my /6 torsion bars with 892/893 bars from a 340 car when I replaced the control arm bushings. Made a big improvement in ride quality and lessening body roll.
There are used sets on here all the time.

Add a sway bar.
Increase your front ride height
Get stiffer shocks
He's saying it nose dives in only one direction. If this is true, it's something broke of failed, as opposed to needing "an upgrade." Even so, might accidently fix it while upgrading LOL

I upgraded my /6 torsion bars with 892/893 bars from a 340 car when I replaced the control arm bushings. Made a big improvement in ride quality and lessening body roll.
There are used sets on here all the time.
. Thanks for the info. I considered that but didn't know if they would be too stiff.

-
Back