Nostalgia pro stock advice

-

lawman340

Reaction score
I am interested in building a 70 or 71 era correct nostalgia pro stock Duster to drive to cruise ins and on the street. First does anyone know where I might find tech information in suspension and stuff like that of that era? Second the car I have is a fairly rust free 71 Duster. It is a 340 shell no engine or transmission or interior but I do have clean title vin fender tag and build sheet. I just don't think I should hack this car up even though it will never be a number match car some one could put it back the way ma mopar made it. I am just asking for thoughts ideas and suggestions. Also any direction where to look for my tech information. Thanks.

I have never met or have ever talked to him but Hemi Fred would be someone
to look up. He has the Sox and Martin duster and a collection of old parts for such
cars. Seen his name come up a lot doing searches for parts & info on my build.

haven't seen fred around lately.. used to be all over moparts but he hasn't posted there in a while.. he lives 10 minutes from me and i haven' seen him around.

I forgot to mention a big help learning about a particular era would be to
collect old magazines and catalogs from your chosen date. Study old photos of cars
that you know are from the time frame.
If you know of a show where a old prostock is going to be make the trip and take lots of
pictures of even small details and talk with the owners of the cars. You will learn what you
need to know to build your car.
Sounds like a great project.

Thanks guys, I don't have to have my car spot on perfect, but when you look at it, at first glance its convincing.

-
Back