Not all new country music sucks.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I’m sure I have some fellow country music fans on this forum. I can’t stand to listen to country radio anymore because of all the pop music they are labeling country. I wanted to share some new stuff out there that is still country gold.

I like country music, but more when it’s sound stays closer to the mountains than the city.

Any Colter Wall fans? I've always preferred rock n roll but I like his music a lot and it's sort of country/rock.

My favorite newer country artist is sturgill Simpson. Here is an early band he was in called Sunday Valley. Great song.

Any Colter Wall fans? I've always preferred rock n roll but I like his music a lot and it's sort of country/rock.

Sound him last years and I’ve worn out “sleeping on the blacktop” and “Kate mccannon”. His new album is much different.

That was excellent! Sweet ride & video! Who’s making the music?
A band called “Southern Culture on the Skids”. I really like their stuff!

They are kind of a cult classic. Odd stuff with a Rockabilly twist...but they do jammin’ tunes.

A band called “Southern Culture on the Skids”. I really like their stuff!

They are kind of a cult classic. Odd stuff with a Rockabilly twist...but they do jammin’ tunes.

Glad you mentioned "a rockabilly twist"! From my hometown, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, JD McPherson! This guy puts on a great show live.

Cody Jinks is awesome...seen him play here in MN last September and even though the venue sucked he was great!

That sounds more like rock n roll to me. Doesn’t sound bad though.

For sure. Great old sounding rock and roll band. I'll always find an excuse to mention JD.:lol:Some of his stuff has a country tinge here and there. I had to mention him since Ddaddy mentioned rockabilly.

This guy is from the hollers of Kentucky. Not far from where I lived in Pike county Kentucky.

Great song....heard a lot of good things about him, I seen him play in Minneapolis at a great venue and we were disappointed...he sounded terrible. He opened for Jack White (White Stripes) to a sold out crowd...I’ll give him another chance though...my friends have a band and they said sometimes the sound guys mess with the opening acts to make the headliner sound better, maybe it was true? Everything I seen on YouTube by Tyler sounded good, maybe some acts just can’t play live very well.

Cool thread. My country girl daughter got me into country, over the last 5 years. I really like some of the new artists. But in my opinion the baddest country musician going right now is Chris Stapleton. The guy is just so full of country soul. A true country star.
Broken Halos is the song for me, if someone can post the video.

Cool thread. My country girl daughter got me into country, over the last 5 years. I really like some of the new artists. But in my opinion the baddest country musician going right now is Chris Stapleton. The guy is just so full of country soul. A true country star.
Broken Halos is the song for me, if someone can post the video.

Here's chris and sturgill together!

-
Back