not an A body question but.....

-

mopar56

Reaction score
I did ask this over on the truck forum but I haven't had an answer maybe someone here has run into this? "I helped my son swap some 07 leather seats in his 06 Ram today, all went well however the airbag lite came on after then we soon discovered we left a plug coming up from the passenger side floor undone, simple right? just plug it in....but where we cant find a connector anywhere on the seat, the old seats are not at the house now so we cant check them but is it possible the 07 leather seats could be missing a plug that the 06 had? I would think it the other way around?," thanks, hopefully some one on here has done this before.

In the seats there is a sensor for when somebody's *** sits on it, then the seat belt light would come on if seat belt is unconnected. Does your seat belt light come on? That's the problem with this new Technology nobody knows how it works. Friend bought new ram and kept stalling. Brought it to dealer and over 3 weeks to fix it.

The seat belt light comes on briefly upon start up then goes out as it should just the air bag light is on the plug that isnt plugged in comes up from the passenger floor under the carpet but there is nothing for it to plug into? We did this job at my shop which is where the original seat is now so tomorrow we will look at it to see where it plugged into I have seen another photo of a plug under a 07 ram seat today where that plug has a cap maybe a resistor terminator?

Did you use the same seat belt buckle? There is a plug on it for the cinch belt charge that is controlled by the ABS controller. Also there is a plug going to the head rest for the Active Head Rest that is controller by the ABS as well.

Usually those sensors are just two strips of metal that when you sit on it it makes contact. You should be able to slide the old one out and slide it in the other just look at the seat bottom usually above the springs.

We swapped seat belts from the originals to the new/used seats but we did plug them in with the two prong plug, I really think are problem here is the unused plug under the passenger seat, it was plugged in before the swap now there is nothing to plug it back in to? it comes up from the passenger floor, the only other thing would be if there is a plug we forgot under the seat but we looked and looked and couldn't see one, we seen a photo online of a 07 that had a cap plugged into the unused plug, I know some newer wire harnesses use resister terminator caps on the end of harnesses and wondered if that,s what we need to do?

I feel your pain. I hate new cars.....96 Breeze took 1 week to fix so it would pass smog. Shop put 90 miles on it and every fuel injector plug harness was hacked into. Got it smogged and it passed by only 2 points.

Any air bag wiring connector will be yellow. I don't remember see any terminator caps on one. The ones I have seen have always had something plugged into them so I'm at a loss, sorry

Yep pain in the ***! there was at least 6 different plugs for things under the seats and these aren't even the ones with the air bags in them! I am confident there is a fix I just need to find the person who has done this swap before, its funny we drive around in our old cars with no air bags all summer long but there is something daunting about have a airbag light glaring in your face of your daily driver, lol

-
Back