Not Hung Well...

-

70DusterBob

Reaction score
LOL!

Had a shop do some exhaust work for me. They connected the front of the dual 3" pipes on my 70 Duster to the headers, but only put ONE hanger in the back behind the axle. This can't be right can it? Seems like I have always seen another hanger in front of the axle to take the load off the headers.

I'm hearing strange noises, sometimes a ting, then kind of a pop, then kind of a strange doing noise, hard to describe, but it alternates when I am under 10mph and decelerating, then it won't make any noise at all.

So where are the hangers supposed to be located? I will git 'er done.
Thanks

Should be a hanger at the muffler and tail pipe connection and one close to the end of the tail pipes.

Pic of transition pan upside down. Heres where they should be holding the rear of the muffler up. Passenger side bracket is bolt in behind the seat. Theres 3 dimples in the pan to drill for the bracket with studs. These pieces I homemade to replicate the OEM RH brackets use for dual exhaust. Drivers side bracket should already be there by the brake line.

Screenshot_20210513-062937_Gallery.jpg

20200311_121129.jpg

20200311_123119.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, on aftermarket I had Torque Tech at one point and they had brackets that went with the reat seat belt bolts, on Accurate factory style there is the brackets shown in the posts above as well as the hangers near the tips at the rear on the frame rail. Torque tech also had hangers at the rear where the factory tip style ones bolt in.

Thanks you guys,

I was certain I had seen more than one hanger per side. And yup right in front of the rear wheels. I will check into the brackets mentioned.

I added on to mine that bolted to the transmission cross member, can see them here, thought I took a pic of then in the car. Can take one if you want.

20200802_174232.jpg

-
Back