NOT MINE - 1967 Barracuda-$5000

-

ScamperTom

Supposed to be working
Reaction score
1967 Plymouth Barracuda located in Sardis, GA. Listed on Facebook Marketplace.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/807604809833319/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search

I checked out the car today. I didn’t get it as the seller wasn’t interested in dropping the price to a reasonable point, but I thought others might be interested.

It appears to be a 273 or 318 1 barrel auto with a 7 1/4 rear. Runs and moves around the yard, although the brakes are gone. The motor appears to be very leaky and apparently might have busted a freeze plug at some point, although it ran for some 15 mins without leaking water or overheating. The valve train is also very noisy.

One quarter is rusty and there’s a hole in the passengers footwell and a few other smaller rust spots. However, the car is not very straight. There are three massive dents in the roof where a tree fell on it, the bumpers are bent, and it has a few other dings. The tree also put a hole in the front windshield.

upload_2021-3-8_22-26-50.jpeg

upload_2021-3-8_22-27-14.jpeg

The more I read the harder I laughed. Dented roofx 3? Would it have hurt to wash the thing amd maybe pull it over some asphalt before posting pics of it? I think its got an extra 0 in the price.

I think the seller did you a favor by not coming down in price. I don't think I'd give more than $500 for that car.

2 barrel v8 or 1 barrel slant.
As much as I like those cars that's about a $2,500 car
Agreed. $2500 at most.

Naw........ Thats a $500.00 car, if that. Probably take $15000.00 to get it in just primer.

Dave
Come on. I could get that car in primer for less than $50. Go to Wal Mart (or someplace similar) and buy 20 cans of cheap rattle can primer and a roll of cheap masking tape. LOL

Need more pics of engine compartment and Interior. Tia

I didn’t take any pics, sorry. But the interior was pretty trashed. Most of the gauges and lights worked though.

From the price and the pictures, I was definitely expecting more. On the other hand, he said he had a 440 so maybe a package deal could be made.

-
Back