Nothing to laugh about

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We were all shocked to learn about the mass shootings in Las Vegas. The question being why are these type of rifles allowed to be sold in the first place?
Being a Canadian I just can't believe how many guns are in your country. I'm sorry but I don't like guns in any way shape or form. A single shot should all be required for a hunter.
I'm not a hunter myself and the only thing I would shoot an animal with is with a camera.
I know it's in your Constitution to be able to arm yourselves. That was probably fine 100's of years ago but today we're supposed to be civil people.
If everyone put their guns away then nobody would need one. I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments about this post but so be it.
Lets live in peace everyone.

the 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting

and from the footage i have seen, were not dealing with weapons that can be bought without an arms dealers license, or they have been modified

but im not gonna engage you here, give the mods a minute to move this to N&P and well will

and from the footage i have seen, were not dealing with weapons that can be bought without an arms dealers license, or they have been modified

but im not gonna engage you here, give the mods a minute to move this to N&P and well will
The question in my mind is why are they available in the first place. For the military I agree but the normal (or so called) people shouldn't need anything like this except sinister actions. Once again, I'm sorry but I just don't like guns.

Last edited:

It's in General discussion for now. We'll see where it goes from here folks.

We were all shocked to learn about the mass shootings in Las Vegas. The question being why are these type of rifles allowed to be sold in the first place?
Being a Canadian I just can't believe how many guns are in your country. I'm sorry but I don't like guns in any way shape or form. A single shot should all be required for a hunter.
I'm not a hunter myself and the only thing I would shoot an animal with is with a camera.
I know it's in your Constitution to be able to arm yourselves. That was probably fine 100's of years ago but today we're supposed to be civil people.
If everyone put their guns away then nobody would need one. I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments about this post but so be it.

In my opinion we need that second amendment right more and more as time goes on.
diy is right on that it was never intended for hunting or being able to hunt, or even for personal protection as much as most of the media would have one believe.
The second amendment was put in place so that the people could defend themselves against our own government which is getting more and more out of hand with every new election.
Then there's also police forces that are, and have been acting more and more like private armies as the years go by deciding who lives and who gets shot frequently depending on race or the fact that cops HATE defiance and sometimes react with deadly force just because a person didn't do what they told them to do.
The Gov and some of the media would have us believe we only need guns to hunt and protect out homes and families from the people that get those guns and use them on other people and they really don't like people knowing the real reason we are allowed to by the second amendment.

Guns have never been the problem, people have.
As much as our governing bodies would like to stick people away for what they might do instead of what they did do, it hasn't come to that yet.

If only the military has weapons like some of the ones misused then the intended point of the second amendment becomes useless.

guns.jpg

Guns have never been the problem, people have.

This I believe is the truth. Mental stability and lack of respect for human life are not things a gun, or any form of weapon for that matter, can influence. It is the human condition.

Last edited:
No one will win this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A psycho should never have a gun or weapon of any kind!!

Treblig

No one will win this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A psycho should never have a gun or weapon of any kind!!

Treblig

And therein lies part of the problem.
As instability within our own society and around the world increases so does the affects of it come out in individuals.
They sure made it easy to take away your legal rights by labeling as a "domestic terrorist" but fall pathetically short in understanding why it happens.
And what is our gov doing right now?
Arming up even more and dividing the people even more, and causing even more question as to the stability of our own society.

Call me a Republican and dismiss my thoughts.
Call me a Democrat and dismiss them.
Call me a US citizen, and they can not be dismissed.
See the division caused there?

Last edited:
Lost a GOOD friend there. I have to tell his wife, Son of a *****. Just got a call from police on his cell phone. God damn!!!!!!

I just listened to the sound footage. The weapon sounded capable of a high rate of fire. Probably a Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW). Fires a 5.56mm round at a high rate of fire. Not a weapon that can be purchased from a gun shop for the everyday joe. One would have to get a federal firearms permit to own a weapon like that. That would require strict control. The owner is under a microscope.

As fas as guns in the US, we are not Canada, we are Americans and have a 2nd amendment. That was not written to allow hunters to own weapons, it was written into law to allow our citizenship to protect themselves from a tyrant government. Don't like our gun laws, stay in Canada.

Take a moment and remember the victims and their families

The question being why are these type of rifles allowed to be sold in the first place?

Please take your non working liberal ideas somewhere else. I guess using large commercial airliners should be outlawed as well?

Bombs seem to be the terror weapon of choice in other parts of the world, but HAVE made an entrance here. Aren't they illegal? Did that "law" work OK?

And let's remember that Jack Kennedy was murdered WITH AN OLD ANTIQUATED RUSSIAN BOLT ACTION RIFLE.

I know hundreds of folks who own plenty of guns, and none of them have ever hurt anyone. I wish uninformed people would quit blaming the guns.

Blame the lack of decent health care, and the fact that the psycho wards that used to house most of these maniacs, have shut down. The maniacs are on the street, and have been breeding for decades.

Society and our so called leaders are at fault.....plain and simple. There are hundreds of thousands of insane people walking the streets with nowhere to go and nothing productive to do.

I agree with the 2nd, and we need it now more than ever!

If everyone put their guns away then nobody would need one.

who knows if the guy even got the guns legally.

problem is the bad guys don't need to buy guns legally. they will find and buy them no matter what.

when are we going to out law box trucks? they have been used to run down people.

gonna have to out law new challengers too. that kid used one to run down guys just a few months ago down south.

outlaw box cutters, they were used to take over three air planes that led to the 9/11 attacks..

Last edited:
Blame the lack of decent health care, and the fact that the psycho wards that used to house most of these maniacs, have shut down. The maniacs are on the street, and have been breeding for decades.

Society and our so called leaders are at fault.....plain and simple. There are hundreds of thousands of insane people walking the streets with nowhere to go and nothing productive to do.

BINGO

I guess it could be argued that anyone who would do such a crime is actually insane, but every once in awhile, there is someone who just turns out to be a killer.

And don't forget about trucks, they have recently been used around the world to kill. Need to outlaw them also.

Please take your non working liberal ideas somewhere else. I guess using large commercial airliners should be outlawed as well?

Bombs seem to be the terror weapon of choice in other parts of the world, but HAVE made an entrance here. Aren't they illegal? Did that "law" work OK?

And let's remember that Jack Kennedy was murdered WITH AN OLD ANTIQUATED RUSSIAN BOLT ACTION RIFLE.

Other than the hobbyist and people with a mechanical mind, I think most people don't "like" guns.
Just as many people don't "love" cars.
I use as case of relative negativism in the comparison.
To most people a car is little more than a refrigerator.
It gets you from point A to point B.
Yet, you are at a car forum.
Do you love cars then?

You do not hunt.
Are you also a vegetarian?
Someone has to do the slaughter house dirty work for your meat.

3410_sam-i-am.gif

Perhaps it's like that with your view of guns.
It's fine for other people to defend you as long as you don't have to do it?

We work on the premise that a person has the right of self defense.
(And I ask what is more fundamental the right of a mother to protect her child?)
We delegate the job of our defense to the government.
But history shows governments abuse power.
If you think human nature has become more civil, I think you are not looking at the world or the news.

backup9371.jpg
agencies7199.jpg
before1934_7305.jpg
v2gunweapon8952.jpg

Last edited:
Sad day in America, for sure. My prayers go out to all involved.

Sounded like he had a fully automatic weapon, which has already been noted, can only be purchased by those with the correct Federal Firearms Permit. We don't yet know where the killer got his guns, but where there is a will there is a way.

Its unfortunate, but not every possible precaution will present a madman from doing harm.

you live in a pipe dream if you think that is gonna happen. How's the ban on ****** working out? or Prohibition? Name me a law that all criminals will follow......

The question in my mind is why are they available in the first place. For the military I agree but the normal (or so called) people shouldn't need anything like this except sinister actions. Once again, I'm sorry but I just like guns.
Cause the 2nd amendment doesnt say only the military should have guns. Guns didnt cause this. A sicko, a piece of ****, a coward caused this. It doesnt matter whether it was a hammer, a gun, a knife, a pressure cooker, a pipe bome, a car or an airliner full of fuel, if you wanna kill, there's ways to do it. You can't rationalize, violent, irrational people.

I just listened to the sound footage. The weapon sounded capable of a high rate of fire. Probably a Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW). Fires a 5.56mm round at a high rate of fire. Not a weapon that can be purchased from a gun shop for the everyday joe. One would have to get a federal firearms permit to own a weapon like that. That would require strict control. The owner is under a microscope.

As fas as guns in the US, we are not Canada, we are Americans and have a 2nd amendment. That was not written to allow hunters to own weapons, it was written into law to allow our citizenship to protect themselves from a tyrant government. Don't like our gun laws, stay in Canada.

Take a moment and remember the victims and their families

As a veteran, that was NOT a M249 or M240, I know the sounds of both of those very well, cycle rate too inconsistent to be either and too slow. My guess is either a Slidefire or other modification to fire full auto. If I was a betting man, I'd lean slide fire or other bump fire trigger, both of which are legal. Plus the round had too deep a pitch to be a 5.56. Sounds more like a 7.62 round. But it could be skewed by the poor sound quality of the videos ive seen too. I'd be highly surprised to see a M249 or a M240 be brought out, those are 60,000 dollar weapons and highly monitored under the NFA act.

As a person who has been seen by head docs for the past 20 years....there is laws in place that give a head doc the right to violate privilege and notify authorities if he feels a patient is a risk. Because the docs choose not is another story.
The form one fills out to purchase a weapon, legally, asks if you have been "adjucated" (spelling) mentally ill. Take someone like me...I was removed from my employment by the USPS because I was deemed a hazard to self or others...yet I can legally still buy guns because no judge ever adjucated me mentally ill. Problem ain't the guns...it is a broken system.

Cause the 2nd amendment doesnt say only the military should have guns. Guns didnt cause this. A sicko, a piece of ****, a coward caused this. It doesnt matter whether it was a hammer, a gun, a knife, a pressure cooker, a pipe bome, a car or an airliner full of fuel, if you wanna kill, there's ways to do it. You can't rationalize, violent, irrational people.
I don't believe I am saying this in public...I often go into very dark, twisted places in my mind. I often think about killing people...have this "thing" about woman with slender necks...often think about raping them while strangling them. Part of the reason I was deemed a hazard to self and others were these thoughts. I would often put target pasties on people's cars I didn't like...which was damn near everyone. A firearm would be my last choice. Take a lot of rounds to kill a crowd. My choice would be a good old molotov cocktail. Bit of gas, a bottle and a wick. People want to harm others...will ALWAYS find a way.
Simple as that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back