Now here's the STUPIDEST COVID-19 restriction I've heard to date...

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought Orange County (SoCal) was smarter than this...

My wife called the groomer this morning to see if they could groom our Cocker Spaniel because she was looking a bit raggedy.
She took the dog over to the groomer and then ran a couple of errands. About 30 minutes after she got back home, her cell phone rings and it's the groomer telling her that because of COVID-19 they can't groom her Spaniel unless all of the dogs shots are up to date.

REALLY!
WTH difference does the dogs rabies, distemper and other vaccine inoculations have to do with COVID-19?
They claim it is now a County regulation.

My wife called the groomer this morning to see if they could groom our Cocker Spaniel because she was looking a bit raggedy.
She took the dog over to the groomer and then ran a couple of errands. About 30 minutes after she got back home, her cell phone rings and it's the groomer telling her that because of COVID-19 they can't groom her Spaniel unless all of the dogs shots are up to date.

REALLY!
WTH difference does the dogs rabies, distemper and other vaccine inoculations have to do with COVID-19?

So why didn't the groomer tell you on the phone before you wasted a trip over there???? :mob:

And I thought the recommendation to wear goggles to keep the virus from spreading by entering our eye membranes was stupid... :rolleyes:

So why didn't the groomer tell you on the phone before you wasted a trip over there???? :mob:

My wife told them to go ahead and shoot the dog - wait, that didn't sound right.
The inoculations were a little past due anyway. So with our permission they ended up doing the shots, bath and grooming.
I got to thinking after the dog came home so called our vet and asked if this is true. The receptionist said she hadn't heard of anything like this but she isn't up to speed on the latest rules and regulations.
I swear I could hear laughter as the call came to an end.
My Rhodesian Ridgeback has a follow-up appointment late next week so I'm going to talk directly to our vet at that time - and then maybe stop and have a discussion with the groomers afterwards if this was just a scam.

Sounds like a way to drum up some extra business for the groomer, since they WANTED you to tell them to give the dogs the shots so that they could then do the grooming. Plus, if they told you about this requirement BEFORE you brought the dog in, you might have said no or gone elsewhere. Once they have your dog in possession, they know you are more likely to say "OK, just go ahead".

So tell me, how is there ANY Covid protection to the dog or dog owners just 5 minutes after having the shots up to date? Did that instantly change the health of the dog?

While the rest of the world spends BILLIONS of dollars trying to come up with an effective COVID vaccine, turns out all you have to do is go get a rabies and distemper shot from your local vet or groomer. COVID threat instantly GONE! Amazing.

Somehow I'm visualizing a movie scene where "Dirty Harry" shows up and shoots the dog

punk.jpg

This has been a standard requirement in most counties in California long before COVID, any groomer associated with a vet will most likely require the shots be up to date, you may find an independent that doesn't

Last September I boarded a cat at a vet for a couple weeks while I was out of town, shots had to up to date.

Not a COVID thing,

Alan

Have clippers, will groom. Let's knock down that winter coat, eh? 35 bucks still in the wallet.

You should have told her to wait till Wednesday...this should all be over then

This has been a standard requirement in most counties in California long before COVID, any groomer associated with a vet will most likely require the shots be up to date, you may find an independent that doesn't

Same here on the East Coast. Nothing to do with the current state of affairs; the standard dogs stuff - kennel cough, Parvo, etc, can be a killer to young/small dogs.

REALLY!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We take our dog to Petsmart. Well we did before covid. Now we trim her nails, etc.. in home. Anyway Their vaccination policy has always been in place, long before covid19. Maybe you dealt with a new employee that doesn't know exactly why that policy is in place. Its about protecting the employees and other pets.
Gracie is just 1.5 yrs old so Sept' 25th was the first time she got the 3 year dose of vaccines. At that point I learned that I will have to return annually to pick up a new tag whether I bring her in for a check up or not.
I asked, Are there people who would move a 3 year tag from one pet to the next? She said its just how government regulations work. If you pay property taxes and fees on a vehicle for 2 years they still send a new sticker for each year. I had no problem accepting that answer. After all they can't simply change the time 30 minutes, split the difference and leave it alone!

All i know is that minks can transmit covid. Many farms over here must kill the animals because there were minks infected with covid...

If you ever volunteer to dog sit, make sure the dog is current with a rabies vaccination. After my son’s girlfriend’s schnauzer nearly took my thumb off, I found out the dog did not have proof of rabies shots. The dog got impounded for ten days and I had to worry about getting rabies. Not fun.

Here in Wisconsin Governor Skeletore closed all groomers for months....

REALLY!

Democrat money grab.

Democrat money grab.
It's actually worse than that. You've got all these liberal governors, mayors, etc who see this pandemic a once in a lifetime chance to grab and exercise a REDICULOUS amount of power and do things that would otherwise never stand in our democracy. And if you look, it is only in liberal bastions where the draconian measures are taking place.

It's actually worse than that. You've got all these liberal governors, mayors, etc who see this pandemic a once in a lifetime chance to grab and exercise a REDICULOUS amount of power and do things that would otherwise never stand in our democracy. And if you look, it is only in liberal bastions where the draconian measures are taking place.

Who was it that said "never let a good crisis go to waste"? It was a democrat I know, but I don't remember which one. I remember. It was Rahm Emmanuel. At least in modern times. I think Winston Churchill also said it.

Our Mobil groomer requires shots to be up to date. Mainly due to rabies. Her insurance requires it. Also, bordatella protects other animals because it can be spread in confines spaces. Sounds like you are dealing with Petco.

Our Mobil groomer requires shots to be up to date. Mainly due to rabies. Her insurance requires it. Also, bordatella protects other animals because it can be spread in confines spaces. Sounds like you are dealing with Petco.

Not Petco.
Also, I don't have any objection to requiring that shots be up to date. I fully understand the reason for that, especially Parvo since that can be spread so easily. My objection was tying in to COVID-19.

-
Back