NSS question

-

meathead66

Mod Top
Reaction score
If according to my Painless instructions 1 wire goes to backup lights, 1 wire goes to +12 V and 1 is ground how is the ignition solenoid interrupted in order to prevent a startup? Can't find the NSS schematic in my manual either

IMG_1667.JPG

In Park or neutral the center pin grounds the solenoid so it will activate and the engine starts.
In reverse the switch passes power from the 12v pin to the other outer pin going to the backup lights.

talking about the relay.. automatic cars have a different relay then a manual trans car from what i remember.

talking about the relay.. automatic cars have a different relay then a manual trans car from what i remember.
Yep you're right on the manual transmission it connects to clutch. Anyways I corrected my problem; just bought a 4 prong relay.
Problem solved. Thanks for input

1 goes to main fuse box, 1 goes to starter motor solenoid engage, 1 alternator + output and 1 is a maxi fuse. Don’t have access to the car now until March as I’m out of town. If you need more info later just shoot an IM. They are all for circuits that need power when the ignition switch is on. The one for the maxi fuse on the bottom left may be in series with the alternator just don’t remember.

NEAT LOOKING RIG, TELL US ABOUT THE ENGINE, IF U HAVEN`T ALREADY---I MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT.
Thanks for the interest guys. Here's my build thread. Needless to say I haven't started it up yet. Hopefully this Spring/Summer. The engine
specs are on the thread somewhere. As the original engine build was the entry in the Amsoil Mopar Challenge I changed it by basically replacing
the cam to make it a bit more "street friendly".
My Western Sport Special

On another note Bob; better change the capitalizing as the punctualizing guru's will be all over you.:poke:

-
Back