'Nuther new guy

-

6T9QDA

Reaction score
Thought I'd sign up and say howdy. I'm inching closer to the finish line on my '69 Barracuda. My father bought it new and I learned to drive in it in '75. I moved to Virginia in '97, and it went into the garage for a redo. Yeah, that was a long time ago. Marriage, kids, college, you know the drill. Got the engine running this summer and it moved under its own power for the first time in twenty-five years.

The car was nothing special to begin with. Low-end 318 drivetrain with column shift, 7-1/4, drum brakes, but it was largely complete so I didn't have to chase down a lot of hard to find parts. I rebuilt a 318 from an '86 Fifth Avenue with -302 heads and a reground factory roller cam. Early 340 manifolds, Performer induction, 8-3/4 / 3.23 rear. Later front discs. Console shift.

This is the only car I've been deep into. Made some rookie mistakes along the way, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Hope to have it on the road within a year or so.

IMG_0169sm.jpg

IMG_0202sm.jpg

IMG_0203.jpeg

Welcome to FABO!! Good looking Notch and great story. Must be gratifying to bring back the car you learned to drive with!

WELCOME. Nothing like a 69 Barracuda, but I am slightly prejudiced. The 318 is one of my favorite engines ever. Great work so far.

-
Back