O.C. Cruise weekend in May'08 - Roll Call

-

jjj0923

Reaction score
I was in O.C. scoping out hotels yesterday. I'll probably be staying uo around 35th street.

Green 71 Duster with a blower - narrowed rear, tubbed.

see you there...

Jeff in North East, MD

I will be down in OC in May! It should be a great time as all ways. I will be down there passing out fliers for the car show I help put on.

If anyone is interested, Selbyville (Delaware) will have there 52 annual Old Timers Day Car Show on June 14. It is for cars and trucks 1972 and earlier. This is the 4th year I have been part of it and it has grown each year. We had around 200 cars last year and we already have 90 pre-registered.

There will be awards for the Top 30 and a Mayors Choice (Best in Show) Award.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will get you pre-registered.

I will also try and post the flyer on here as well.

Show will be professionally judge by the Shamrock Organization from PA.

I would be willing to give out cell numbers if any members want to met up in OC.

I have a 67 Barracuda Convertible.

Oh! I forgot. The show is free to register. The winner of the Mayors Choice Award will also get a cash prize.

So, is anyone going to be down in OC at the Show this weekend?

If so, keep an eye out for me. I will be the one in the Gold 67 Barracuda Convertible.

Hope to see you guys there.

Hey millpond - what day are you heading to the show and will you be at any of the Harley shows? I will be heading down on Thursday morning.

I will be down there Friday, Sat and Sun. I live about 20 minutes from OC. I will be down at the Ocean parking lot all day on Sat. I will be passing out Fliers for the car show I am part of.

i was nto able to go this year,, every year i do go it rains,,,any reports ?? how was the cruising??? and the weather??

It rain it's butt off on Friday. Saturday was wonderfull.

Twisted, I saw your car over in Berlin on Sat afternoon.

Very nice!

Hey millpond - I was in Berlin on Saturday. Were you in O.C on Thursday thought I had seen your car pass. The last 2 years now I have not been able to get into the Inlet, seems to be full before the gates even open. This year the Cops were really bad, If I didn't have family down there I wouldn't go back.

cops were bad in what way ???? they have usualy been kool down there,,,unless your in the right lane,,,

The cops this year were just plain rude. It seemed like if you were there for the show, they wanted you out. I went to the Berlin show, They welcomed me in, the thanked me for coming and it was a good show. O.C had me thinking I had done something wrong as soon as I crossed into the city limits.

well thats a switch,,and a sorry one to hear of,, that was such a koolo town to cruise,,,altho last year there was an accident,,2 drunk guys lost control they were locals i believe,, crashed in to a parked ford f250 with a open trailer,, and bent the rear axel on the truck,,,was a messs,,they may be just a little cautious this year,, hope it blows over,,

Twisted I was down there on Thurs. I had a great time. I am sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your time in OC.

Will you be coming back for the Endless Summer Cruise in Oct?

OC cops can be bad at times. They have to hire a buch of extra officers for the summer. I don't know where they come from but some can be idiots. You know, the kind of guys who were little weenies who got picked on all their life so now that they have a badge they want to take it out on everyone else. I had one pull me over in my GLHS one year because he though my Yokohama 0032 DOT racing tires were bald regular tires. When I tried to explain to him what they were he got in my face and raised his voice, threatening to "impound my car a pull it apart looking for other violations". I got right back in his face, showed him the receipt for my tires which only had about 200 miles on them, told him he didn't have probable cause to impound or "pull apart" anything and told him that if he thought he did he should go ahead and by the time my attorney got through with him he wouldn't be able to land a job as a crossing guard. He had me get in the car and flip on my lights and hit the brakes in the hope that I had a light out and then tossed my license into to car and said "get out of here" while heading back to his car to pout. I have a lot of respect for police officers in general but I have run into some real bozos in OC. The MTA cops at the Harbor Tunnel in Baltimore are not much better.

I've been going to the O.C shows for better than 10 years. For the last 5 or 6 years the cops have been hard on the hot rods and I can't say I totally blame the cops. I've seen a ton of idiots down there that just plain don't know how to handle horsepower, or just don;t know how to drive. These are the guys that have made it tough on all of us in town for the weekend.

It's not new news for the cops to be tough in O.C.

I have a summer house in Ocean Pines just about 4 miles from Ocean City ... Your right sometimes the cops can be bad !!!!! ... But over the years I have met lots that are really NICE and like the cars ... And the show is just plain AWSOME!!!!!!! No better show around ..... And every year I see more and more MOPARS thank god ...... Way to many chevys down there ..... Hope to see you all in OCT ......

IM000645.jpg

-
Back