"O" ring thermostat housing ???

-
All of them I have seen are total garbage.

Do you have an O-ring preference? Run a standard stat housing over a belt sander or disk and true it up.

All of them I have seen are total garbage.
The only one I'm really seeing is the Billet Specialties one that is $$ and has mixed reviews. See a couple on eBay that may be ok but for some reason, are made to swivel - which makes no sense to me since it points straight up?

The only one I'm really seeing is the Billet Specialties one that is $$ and has mixed reviews. See a couple on eBay that may be ok but for some reason, are made to swivel - which makes no sense to me since it points straight up?

Most stock ones point straight up. I would just run stock.

I don't know if they make one for big blocks, but I got a polished aluminum one from Billet Specialties and it worked PERFECT. I had fought a leak for two years. I tried EVERYTHING. The Billet housing is leak free.
Is it part number 90820? I think it's the same for BB & SB?

Is it part number 90820? I think it's the same for BB & SB?

I changed my post a bit, and I added a link. The housing really worked GREAT for me and $65 is a small price to pay for ending a pain in the *** leak.

The problem with aftermarket alloy housings is two. One they warp, and you can overtighten them, and they warp. Two, the chromed ones are actually "too slick" to seal

If you pester a real parts (person) enough, you might find a CAST IRON housing, and THEY WON'T LEAK

I bought a billet Aluminium housing from Mancini, never has leaked, just using a gasket, no sealant.

If you pester a real parts (person) enough, you might find a CAST IRON housing, and THEY WON'T LEAK

Tony’s Parts has them.

Tony's Parts - Mopar Parts NOS and Used

2DBCB2AE-5917-467C-BC6D-3BE91B313E08.jpeg

Here’s another option, stainless steel housing , no “O” ring on eBay.

C16D3182-E2F4-417B-AB1C-0671DB5174B0.jpeg

Here’s another option, stainless steel housing , no “O” ring on eBay.

View attachment 1715372863
Mine is like that with an O ring works really well. Just smeared some rubber grease around the o ring before assembly has worked great,but as Rusty and Harrison has mentioned make sure your surface is flat.

Wow... $134 bucks for something as stupid simple as a waterneck.... what a bargain! ... NOT

The Tony Parts housings...
Pricing should be other way around because the 'smoothed' one required an hour of tumbling in a grit barrel to remove the sharp casting edges...

Waternecks are all created 'flat'. They warp because some fo the designs/choice of materials suck.
Adding a simple groove on the base in the lathe is a 1 minute job and should fix 80% of the leakers out there I would think.

I paid half price to that one mentioned above I think on eBay. It’s been faultless.

I bought a aftermarket T stat housing, new standard gasket, used sealer, flat filed and cleaned up the manifold surface.... and the darn thing leaked.

I bought a repo like tony's sells but from Classic Ind. same procedure as above...and the darn thing leaked.

I bought a gasket from Real Gaskets, cleaned off the old sealer FOLLOWED the instructions. Put the silicone gasket on dry and torqued to 20 - 25 INCH lbs haven't had a leak again!
Thermostat Housing Gasket - Silicone Gaskets - Real Gaskets Tennessee
Can not recommend them enough!

forgot to add they are reusable.

Mancini...BSP90820 is cheaper and I have used them for years. Just put some grease on the O ring. n
No leak forever...…………….

I got a polished aluminum one from Billet Specialties and it worked PERFECT. I had fought a leak for two years. I tried EVERYTHING. The Billet housing is leak free.
Billet Specialties | Engine Dress-up | Thermostat Housings | SB/BB Chrysler Straight Up | Billet Specialties, Inc.
So I am Confused. @Scamp Rohnda disagreed with this post. Does that mean he disagrees with the fact that I fought a leak for two years and the O ring housing from Billet specialties cured the problem? Because I have been leak free for about 3 years now! Or does it mean that he does not believe the housing worked for me? Or does it mean that he bought one and was not happy with it? Whatever the case, how can you disagree with a member's comment stating that they purchased a product and they were very happy with the way it worked for them. Kind of sounds like, "Dude, you are lying."

-
Back