"O" ring thermostat housing ???

-
Trust me, I've hit the red x by accident before. 95% of fabo time is on my phone and its "cramped"
Joey should(If possible) move the red x to the other side of the screen.
In real world that red x means diddly squat.
So I am Confused. @Scamp Rohnda disagreed with this post. Does that mean he disagrees with the fact that I fought a leak for two years and the O ring housing from Billet specialties cured the problem? Because I have been leak free for about 3 years now! Or does it mean that he does not believe the housing worked for me? Or does it mean that he bought one and was not happy with it? Whatever the case, how can you disagree with a member's comment stating that they purchased a product and they were very happy with the way it worked for them. Kind of sounds like, "Dude, you are lying."

So I am Confused. @Scamp Rohnda disagreed with this post. Does that mean he disagrees with the fact that I fought a leak for two years and the O ring housing from Billet specialties cured the problem? Because I have been leak free for about 3 years now! Or does it mean that he does not believe the housing worked for me? Or does it mean that he bought one and was not happy with it? Whatever the case, how can you disagree with a member's comment stating that they purchased a product and they were very happy with the way it worked for them. Kind of sounds like, "Dude, you are lying."
I must have bumped the red x when I was scrolling down. I didn't know it til I saw your post. I changed it. I was reading out of curiosity in case it happened to me. I have no opinion on it so the "disagree" was purely accidental. Steve

I must have bumped the red x when I was scrolling down. I didn't know it til I saw your post. I changed it. I was reading out of curiosity in case it happened to me. I have no opinion on it so the "disagree" was purely accidental. Steve

Didn`t read all these posts closely , none of them will seal if the flanges on a alum. water pump housing is warped from overtightening it , which was the case w/ mine . I have had a hard time overcoming the ''farm tractor tite'' , mentality I grew up with .
If u have a lathe , u can machine the thermostat housing of a little up to the inner edges of the bolt holes , creating a raised gasket surface to compress the gasket more.

I've been using gaskets similar to the silicone one but they are steel with a silicone center.

IIRC they are Mr Gasket brand.

The Mopar ones are hard to find but O'Reilly's carries the chevy one and the bolt holes can be hogged out to work.

I totally agree with harrisonm !!! Install as directed. NO sealer and NO gasket, just a little grease.

I wish I had taken a photo of the cast iron surface of my manifold before the Real Gasket gasket install. It looked like it had smallpocks. I too tried to tighten it too much. Then I removed it cleaned it in warm soapy water cleaned the mating surfaces with alcohol, reinstalled and tightened to the INCH pounds recommended. Not a drop since, 16 lb

-
Back