"O" ring thermostat housing ???

Big Block A body Tech

1. 4spdragtop

4spdragtop CONGRATS NORTH AMERICA! FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    5:12 PM
    Trust me, I've hit the red x by accident before. 95% of fabo time is on my phone and its "cramped"
    Joey should(If possible) move the red x to the other side of the screen.
    In real world that red x means diddly squat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Scamp Rhonda

Scamp Rhonda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I must have bumped the red x when I was scrolling down. I didn't know it til I saw your post. I changed it. I was reading out of curiosity in case it happened to me. I have no opinion on it so the "disagree" was purely accidental. Steve

• Like Like x 1
      • famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit

Local Time:
        Didn`t read all these posts closely , none of them will seal if the flanges on a alum. water pump housing is warped from overtightening it , which was the case w/ mine . I have had a hard time overcoming the ''farm tractor tite'' , mentality I grew up with .
        If u have a lathe , u can machine the thermostat housing of a little up to the inner edges of the bolt holes , creating a raised gasket surface to compress the gasket more.

• YY1

YY1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        6:12 PM
        I've been using gaskets similar to the silicone one but they are steel with a silicone center.

IIRC they are Mr Gasket brand.

The Mopar ones are hard to find but O'Reilly's carries the chevy one and the bolt holes can be hogged out to work.

• Donnie514

Donnie514 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        6:12 PM
        I totally agree with harrisonm !!! Install as directed. NO sealer and NO gasket, just a little grease.

• Dana67Dart

Dana67Dart The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        4:12 PM
        I wish I had taken a photo of the cast iron surface of my manifold before the Real Gasket gasket install. It looked like it had smallpocks. I too tried to tighten it too much. Then I removed it cleaned it in warm soapy water cleaned the mating surfaces with alcohol, reinstalled and tightened to the INCH pounds recommended. Not a drop since, 16 lb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.